Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Early Sport seats

Very Early Sport seats

OK OK this is not ebay - $2350 buys the seats. You pick up or arrange shipping. I will help of course. SO..the first person that gets 2350 plus shipping to me gets the seats. PM me and paypal 2000 to baggett@triad.rr.com . Balance due when shipped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post a picture or 2 of the tip bracket/bases......I can barely make them out. Note that it appears that these are 72/73 seats based on the slider handle positioning and the seat belt receiver (but not necessarily the fabrics...)

this?here ya go

here is the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2215021#post2215021

Ok...guessing 69 to 71 seats and brackets, with 72/73 seat belt receivers.... nice! good luck!

Eric

I replied with dibs and questions on Pelican. More up close pics would be nice, too.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Restore prices

What would Tony or someone of that quality charge to restore a set of these seats. I guess that would mean painting the seat track/tilting mechanism too.

Not full concours but to make them a good street wash and shine winner.

Thanks, An inquiring mind would like to know.

Scooter
    paid up member

I had figured on $2000 for a pair in leather plus $400 to powdercoat and palte the bases and got cold feet at the overall expense and have not followed through.
    BUT there is a brand new, never used early driver side seat on ebay right now with all the correct mounting brackets to just bolt right in that concours car. Search "Porsche sport seat" and you should find it.

Daron

Mounting brackets

Nice seat, but not sure all the "correct" mounting brackets are included. Appears they were lost at some point.

From Description:

"I did have to fabricate the 4 hole riser part of the slider by looking at close up photos and salvaging a part from a regular seat. "

Buy mine and this one and have some nice seats (but the still won't match)

I have a pair of 73 sport seats in the garage that are original and in very good shape (inclusive of all correct hardware). They came out of a 73.5 CIS car. I would not consider parting with them for less than $4,200, so perhaps a set of seats that require $2,400 worth of work is a decent deal.

My seats are not currently for sale, I just wanted to illustrate the value of these seats in the market today.

All the best

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76