Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ode to Emory: Mating a Raydyot and Durant

Ode to Emory: Mating a Raydyot and Durant

If you guys haven't figured it out yet I am a huge fan of the Emory 911 outlaws. Also, you guys may have figured out that I can't leave well enough alone.
    I removed my perfectly good talbot and experimented with mating two mirrors together. I chose this route for a few reasons. It still needs some refining but so far me likey but I may be the only one - opinions welcomed, even the mean ones .
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to mock it. Looks really cool. Now besides redoing my rims like yours I gotta deal with mirrors too. Argh! It's gonna be a long winter.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

I can't decide whether I like the idea or not - can you post some pictures from a little further away Bob ?
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

I need to remove some more material from the base of the durant so it bolts perpendicular to the body. Right now the mirror doesn't pivot out far enough but I know it can be done based on the example.
    Otherwise I can mount it in one of the existing door holes and plug the other or mount it in the door frame as the Emorys more commonly done. Of course this would require plugging/painting the 2 door holes.
    I'll take some pics later today.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

So Bob, when are you going into production? Looks cool...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I would go into production but I think I would only be able to sell one .
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Bob i ll take two !

1st impression: don't like it.

But the more I look at it, I'm starting to warm up to it! I like the flange between the mirror and base. Did you fabricate that yourself?

What was wrong with the Talbot? Too small? That is a problem with the smaller one and I don't know if the bigger one looks right. I have thought of using the convex on the driver's side to compensate. Does this Raydot have a bigger glass.

Okay - worked the "Raydurant" some more and got the angle for better visibility. It's going to stay on the car becuase it has better visibility than the 3.5 talbot I just plain like it although like you Curt - I did have to warm up to it as well. The flange is original to the Raydyot which was left "undremeled". I am not good at fabricating parts.
    You can see from the first post pics that the angle was near 45. After going back in I removed more material from the Durant base so that I could pivot the base. The red circle was the original opening. I used grommets to seal the Raydyot base to the Durant base to prevent water entering the door shell.
    I think replica Raydyots can be purchased for $55 from a shelby source but I belieive they have a spun aluminum finish. I got luck in finding this nice chrome one.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com