Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMO tall intakes for 46mm Webers on ebay

PMO tall intakes for 46mm Webers on ebay

PMO tall intakes for 46mm Webers. 41mm intakes. Fit 2.4-2.7 heads. Excellent condition.

Listed on ebay

How much taller are these compared to regular 40 mm intake manifolds?

Sherwood

I don't know how they compare to the 40's. They are 3 7/8" tall.

Sherwood,
    THe PMO intake manifolds are at least 2 inches taller than the factory intakes, whether you are talking about the 40's or the 46's. When rebuilding and upgrading a 2.4E engine a few years ago, I bought a set of 40mm intakes from PMO. They leave very little space for the air cleaner to clear the sound deadening padding on the inner cieling of the engine compartment when you want to tune the carb's.

PMO intake manifolds

Hello: What I have seen with the PMO intake manifolds is that come in two different heights. They are both taller than stock manifolds and will hit ac condensors on none tailed cars with the tall filters. I don't like the short filters and velocity stacks(don't work well for max power). Thanks Eric

These came off my 2.8 twin plug motor that was in a '75 Carrera. I used 46mm Webers with K&N watershields. The sound padding was still there. I didn't have any interference problems. No a/c.
    Thanks,
    Harold

Quote Originally Posted by cosley
    I don't know how they compare to the 40's. They are 3 7/8" tall.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    THe PMO intake manifolds are at least 2 inches taller than the factory intakes, whether you are talking about the 40's or the 46's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric911S
    What I have seen with the PMO intake manifolds is they come in two different heights.
    That would make one of the PMO manifolds about 5" tall. My set of factory 40mm intake manifolds is ~2.7" (69mm) tall.

There appears to be some height variations. Any more data?

Sherwood

I run factory 906 intakes with 46's on a 2.5L... same height as the PMO's,, 100mm.( 3.94" approx) When using a factory steel breather, it sits snug with the sound pad.. there's just enough room too wedge the breather out. Nothing more.
    If you have more room than that,, your motor mounts are bad.

Robert..

"When using a factory steel breather, it sits snug with the sound pad.. there's just enough room too wedge the breather out. "

Robert,
    Your term, "breather". Is that the factory air filter housing?

Sherwood

This is a shot of the 2.8 w/the PMO's, webers, rainshields, etc. Looks like a fair amount of room from the top of the rain shields to the sound pad.
    Attached Images Attached Images