Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1965 Porsche 911

1965 Porsche 911

Dont you think that $16,000 is cheap for this 52,000 original mile car? It looks very nice.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...QQcmdZViewItem

Erick

1966 911

Since I have a 1966 911 with 46,000 miles, this one always catches my eye when it's on eBay. I have seen it not make the reserve three times in the last year. Maybe it's like a house that gets "stale". The seller is stingy with the photos. What's visible looks correct except for the black wiper arms. The price seems too good to be true, so maybe there is rust...it is in Ohio.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

lkreg, real nice, love the color, but then i love blues, post more pics of your car front back, there a thread where everyone post their car, yours must be placed there.

66 911

Well, I think this one is stingy on the photos as well. None under the front lid with the tire out or the front suspension pan area.

I also do not think that a car with 52K should require a rebuild. Unless its documented it could be 152k or more.

The repaint covered the engine locking area. I wonder what the door jams look like. Or what the original color is? It may be red, can't remember if it's stated.

Anyway their is no buy it now price of $16k.

I would reccomend a PPI or firsthand knowledge before I spend my money.

It seems that although the up market brought out many more early cars for sale, none of them reach their reserve. Possibly because summer is over or thier are less buyers except for the really good ones.

Play safe,
    Scooter

Scooter,

On a website I saw earlier today, he posted the car for sale at $16,750. Say this car is an original 52,000 original mile car and is pristine with it's original color, what should the value of this car be? I have no clue to what good early 2.0l 911's would bring up. The market seems really soft right now. I just looked at ebay completed items on all early 911s and nothing has sold and if something did sell; it only sold for a few thousand bucks. Currently and lately alot of junk has been listed on ebay and maybe that has to do why the prices are so cheap.

Erick

To me this car looks great. Perfect color, slate grey I believe. I'd buy it myself if I didn't have so many.
    Tom

"slate grey" ?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Tom,

Do you mean the red 65' 911 that was on ebay?

Erick

Ebay is NO indicator on a cars value. Most of the time, the cars are either junk, or a half way decent car with a edge to it. This is NOT always the case. But, when a reputable guy posts a nice car, it doesn't do the right money most of the time, because it's ebay. Yes, we have seen 40K + T's, that's a exception. The nice cars usually change hands by word of mouth.

Rick, I agree completely. I tried ebay and sold two cars. The experience was not something I've been happy with. I'd much rather have someone come over and see the cars for themselves. The cars, you know, speak the loudest.
    Tom