Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Record asking price for '72 2.4S?

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Cool Record asking price for '72 2.4S?

Check out this site:
    http://www.dls-automobile.de/html/start.htm
    Go to Angebote im Detail and scroll down to the tangerine S, fully restored ...
    In German but you get the picture, I haven't seen a more expensive S....
    90,000 Euro equals 105,000$

Well yeah, but the '72E on their site is only $50,000 ......

sold

accordingy to the owner of the shop, the car was sold last week to a collector (80-90 cars!). he brought an original 1974 carrera with HP 210 in very good condition and paid the difference! how much it was we will never know but for a fact the car was not long available!
    yes, it was a very good example, hard to find another one! but it shows the trend and we remember not long ago the first time a very nice 911 T brought on e-bay over USD 40 K! we all said, crazy and ok a cracy collector and a very nice car!

Till more nice cars are coming out and are available at those numbers!

A fact is the price are going up and will see more nice cars for sale!

I have to talk to my insurance guy and adjust my policy.

Winter is coming and we might have the frist snow down in the valley by end of this week! Enough time to polish our cars!
    from Switzerland!
    martin
    -------------------
    Martin Eichin
    1970 911 E 2.3 LTR + 2.4 LTR
    1987 911 Carrera 115'KM
    1995 E 420 115'KM
    R-Gruppe #350
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

more expense S

Rumor has it that the 1970 S with 751 miles sold for $150,000;I've heard it from several sources,but I can't verify

Only time will tell if we're in a 'speculators market' right now or if this is a sustainable market correction. Ask the guys who bought all the Ferraris in the early 90's about the former .... It's an interesting time to be buying and selling early cars, that's certain.

$105,000???? Tell ya guys, that's getting into a price that would make me consider, only consider, selling. Oh wait, I was told by a good authority that my car is now a piece of krap, it's value "gone south" now that the odo has passed 50,000.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

And that was for a restored car .....

I've considered....I'll take the $$, anyone can just paypal me, hey but mine has a sunroof...so shouldn't I get a little more?

E

Yep, for a restored car! I just returned from the German site...a few little details caught my eye...differences with many items still original in my car. Engine pics alone...note the cut air intake snorkle, note that the coil ground wire is black instead of brown, no decal on coil or aircleaner housing, the wing nuts and bolts holding the air filter in are metal, not the original nylon...and the list goes on in other areas of the car. Nice car, nice indeed, and very clean. But wow..$105,000 is a LOT of money! Truth be known, place this car & mine side by side? The differences between original and restored would be obvious. Yeah, I'm bragging here...I just might have the best UN restored '72 911S left on the planet. Even though it's value has "gone south" because I've driven it's odo past 50,000 miles.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Just think if the shell repo aircleaner sticker the Registry sells was on the car, maybe it would have brought an additional $10,000 Euros

I wonder if its worth shipping my car over there and hanging a for sale sign on it
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser