Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk...

Let's talk...

I'm starting to get ready for my traditional Thanksgiving trip to Northern California ... (Bakersfield, San Francisco, Placerville, Chico, then back home) I'll be gone from Sat. afternoon the 19th through Monday evening 28th... I'll try to check the message board while I'm away...

Here's the deal ... When I come back I'd like to start a couple of conversations on this board, in earnest, about:

Starting some legitimate chapters/regions of the Early 911S Registry in other parts of the country... That's with a contact person that also contributes to the ESSES from their region, organizes events and carries some of the club's merchandise...
    I know you guys have wonderful turnouts at your regional get-togethers ... but I think it would be healthy to make it official.
    Lets at lest start this conversation........

And... We desperately need help on the board of our club... Lots of you contributed assertively and very intelligently on the "Pulse of the club" thread ... It's now time to step up and lend a hand in the running of your club... Of course someone local to the meetings would be ideal, however, we now have some responsibilities that can be filled from outside SoCal...

Again, when I get back let's start to talk...

Cheers,

And always, thanks for your support
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Looking forward to it...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I'm local. I'm up for helping out if I can.

Just send me an invite to the next meet and if I'm in town I'll come down.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Having a club close to me in the midwest would make me......... join

Quote Originally Posted by mike walker
    Having a club close to me in the midwest would make me......... join
    Yah, sure, should I hold my breath? What is close to Paducah, KY? Land between the Lakes. Not a Midwest chapter location there, but good camping.

Come on up to Indiana or Chicago. There are lots of us here for meetin'.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Oh come on..... but if not Paducah theres...... Nashville......Louisville.....
    St Louis......Memphis.......Indianapolis...all two to three hours drive, I'm joining anyway I want the Esses.

It's inherent that chapters outside of SoCal will always be spread thin. It'll take some commitment from members to make these chapters thrive. We've got a really good start on a 'Great Lakes / MidWest' chapter. Depending on where we meet, it seems that at least one person is looking at a 5-6 hour drive just to get there. Goes with the territory. Personally, I love a good 5-6 hour drive in my early car! You should hook up with us Mike. We'll be meeting next May/June in Dayton Ohio for sure (a 5-6 hour drive for me; a 5-6 minute drive for Cornpanzer!).

Hi Mike,

Be sure to look for information next Spring on the Taj Kruzers Speedfest event in Dayton, OH which will be in early June of '06. There will be a number of Early S Reg. members there. A good opportunity for all of us to meet and have great fun.

(one of crazy early S guys )

http://www.tajmagaraj.com/events/kreuzers_2006/
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by mike walker
    Oh come on..... but if not Paducah theres...... Nashville......Louisville.....
    St Louis......Memphis.......Indianapolis...all two to three hours drive, I'm joining anyway I want the Esses.
    Mike: We welcome you to the group of Midwest Crazies. It's a good group of guys and gals, and what we lack in proximity we make up in camaraderie and love of the machines.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Other prob here in the east is that we don't have dependable weather.
    Frank had a great gathering at Lime Rock, it rained and few showed and none brought their cars ( fort. Frank let us drool over his ).
    Jens was going to have a gathering in lovely Stowe Vt. - I wanted to go to that one, but the forecast was for SNOW - no word on how that turned out.

I am just looking for excuses to drive my car 4 hours - but not in bad weather.

Don't know how to get around that one, but more events would def. make things more interesting. The bigger the better. I would be willing to do whatever needs be done to help out.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606