Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out w/MFI in with Weber or PMO?

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Out w/MFI in with Weber or PMO?

I am thinking of selling my MFI system and installing a PMO or weber carbs. If I do this will this hurt the value of my 69S? How much difference will it make in performance?

don

• Yes, it will lower the value of your car
    • Yes, it will reduce the performance of your engine (assuming you or your mechanic knows how to tune MFI)

If you must put in carbs, please at least keep the MFI for any future owners so that your S can be put back to original with the correct parts. That would be a good selling feature (to say that you still have the original MFI parts).
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I absolutey second 72targo opiuion, if you must carb your car, do not sell the MFI!!

Echo again, MFI offer spower on-demand whereas carbs are more finicky. If you have a good shop that can properly tune and maintain your MFI (assumjing the system is in good condition) I would not change it.

I run carbs on my racecar due tot eh flexibility of jetting, ... options but I run MFI on my 69S even when I have spare webers and PMO's at home...
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Why??????
    -Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Why not an EFI Conversion?

While keeping the MFI is the best to preserve orginality, it is you car and your choice.

If it was me, I would consider going to some type of EFI System to gain the benefits of fuel injection and modern control. A Motec conversion is one way and these guys offer an option targeted at a CIS to EFI conversion (http://www.bitzracing.com/) that may be adaptable to a MFI Car.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Don't do it! Properly rebuild your MFI, you'll be much happier.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

EFI...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Where are you located? I'm sure someone here can direct you to a qualified wrench to fix your MFI so it works properly.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Mfi....:d!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)