Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gas heater muffler '67 S

gas heater muffler '67 S

Anyone know if these are available anywhere? Is there any interest in having some made? I will be checking into tooling costs.

Ed B

Mine is not in the best of shapes, so I might be interested
    Henry

My 67S needs it too!

I could use the muffler and the pipe so if anyone puts something together, you can count me in for one.

Thanks
    Scooter
    2005 member

I'm in, although debating with myself whether to reinstall it after the restoration. Never used it, probably won't ever, but then it is on the COA with serial number and all
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

I have been looking for pipe and muffler for a long time and never found one. Count me in.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

DynoDave

Gas Heater Muffler

Count me in as well!

Thanks,

Dave
    Member # 351

The one in my car looks nothing like the one in that auction. Mine looks more like this (but in a little better shape). I'm I missing something?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Henry

George, I'm not trying to be picky here. I need a replacement for mine and I know I probably won't find an original one, but at least I'd like to get one that is as close to the originals as possible, even if I have to pay a little more. That's why the idea of having some made appeals to me.
    Henry

Guys,
    At the risk of being politically incorrect...why would you ever want to try to start the aux. gas heater in your car? Do you plan to burn it down? These heaters are a recipe for disaster. I guess if you have a show car you don't drive then maybe you'd want to keep it in the car...But you still wouldn't want to ever use it. Back in the 1960's when our cars were driven daily in VERY cold climates these heaters had a purpose. But even then they were dangerous. Now, with todays fuel which eats seals and makes fuel lines very prone to leaking, why would you ever want to try to start this extra heater? You're not driving your car in extremely cold conditions are you? Anyway, please excuse my strong feelings, but my '67S has it's aux gas heater removed and it won't be going back in, much less being started...so why would anyone want a new/repro muffler for this heater? I'm really puzzled. There are so many other things we can spend money on our old cars that really make a difference...but a muffler for the aux heater? come on...

Gas heater muffler

We are going ahead to build some tooling. Whether you use your gas heater or not an original appearing "sound absorber' may be the item to complete a restoration.

Ed B