Thread: WTD: H1 connector block.

WTD: H1 connector block.

I need one of these connector blocks to rehablilitate my wiring back to original. Using the PET can't determine if this is a unique connector block for H1's or not. Would anyone have a spare or at part number for this?

Thanks,

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmagyar
    I need one of these connector blocks to rehablilitate my wiring back to original. Using the PET can't determine if this is a unique connector block for H1's or not. Would anyone have a spare or at part number for this?

Thanks,

Bob
    hi Bob;
    i don't think they are unique to H-1's, but don't hold me to it. i need one as well and was thinking that the next time i went to the local junk yard i'd cut one of of an early bug or bus & give that a shot. did you get any other responses ?
    as a note, i also need the MALE portion of this assembly. anybody have any ideas ?
    cheers
    jerry

Thanks Jerry,

I was digging around a place that had a few old assemblies and the connectors that I saw were not identical to this. Maybe they would have worked but I am hoping to get one that matches this one.

As for making the male portion of this assembly as long as you have the plastic piece that holds the three blades you can make the rest. I made the blades out of copper shim stock and a new insulator from phenolic sheet. I then had a new rivet machined.

Obviously it is would be nice to just find a wrecked donar assembly. I can send pics if you wish.

Regards,

Bob
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmagyar
    Thanks Jerry,
    I was digging around a place that had a few old assemblies and the connectors that I saw were not identical to this. Maybe they would have worked but I am hoping to get one that matches this one.
    As for making the male portion of this assembly as long as you have the plastic piece that holds the three blades you can make the rest. I made the blades out of copper shim stock and a new insulator from phenolic sheet. I then had a new rivet machined.
    Regards,
    Bob
    hi Bob;
    i always thought that the FEMALE connector (if i understand correctly that's the piece you're looking for) was part of the car and therefore, would be the same regardless of which headlight assemblies were fitted. then again, i've also been told that if the car was ordered from the factory with H-1's the headlight wiring was heavier to allow the use of the higher wattage bulbs. anybody know ??
    the male connector on mine is okay, it's just had the wires cut off. i can handle that. i just thought if there was an easy fix i'd go that way.
    thanks again
    best
    jerry

Hey guys, try Dan Stern Lighting. I've used his "high current" blocks on my cars for quite a while now. They are German pieces with the nice screw connections for the wires. Beatifully made.

Dan is one of the good guys and has treated me right for many years and really knows his stuff.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Excellent point Jens,

I am trying to stay absolutely original but if I have been considering running putting a relay system for the headlights. Perhaps a higher current connector is required as well.

I am not sure if there is a need to relay an H1 spec'd car. I felt the lights were very acceptable with the stock bulbs.

Regards,

Bob
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

They're called high current, but they aren't huge or over built. They are just very high quality pieces that also happen to handle larger loads if need be. I seem to remember that they were $10 or so.

I understand your need to stay stock. May Dan can help in finding what you need.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183