Thread: 1970 911 E Coupe on Ebay

1970 911 E Coupe on Ebay

Just saw this on eBay and I don't think it's been posted here yet.

Any opinions on this one?

The most obvious issues that need to be addressed seem to be the front spoiler, the dash and the rust bits. I don't know how serious those are to fix up... any comments are welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:EF:US:1

So are your plans to throw a little bit of money at it to keep it a basic driver or a lot (make that a LOT) of money at it to restore it? Or something in between?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Definitely not looking to fully restore. I'd be happy with a close to original, daily driver. Even to my untrained eyes I can spot stuff wrong with this one, I just don't know how much of a hit to the wallet that stuff can be.

That 70 T coupe posted by AbbyAk is looking pretty nice right now.

And in terms of your mechanical abilities, are you closer to "I have my own machine shop" or "let's take the car to Pep Boys for a tune-up"?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Not mine but would like some imput on what needs to be done with the car to leave it right., money wise ???? how many

I'm planning on taking a look at this car today. The big issue is of coarse rust and overall condition. Didn't the E's have the comfort suspension that was routinly changed out? What value does this have on these cars. Is the original suspension worth more or less. How expensive?

Im guessing the car will need paint, dash, spoiler, and hopefully only minor rust repair. The previous paint job where the latches are painted over always bugs me. Makes you wonder about other repairs.
    72S targa (sold)
    73t coupe
    71t coupe (project car)
    Gruppe B #057