Thread: Pictures on Older Threads Gone???

Pictures on Older Threads Gone???

Quick question: I was doing some searching on the general thread for wood wheels a few minutes ago, and I noticed that threads going back longer than 6 months seem to have no more pictures attached? I was wondering if this is due to limited bandwidth on the site server, in which the server that automatically deletes pictures after a certain time period, or if there is some technical problem. I would hate to think that all of the great pictures people have posted on this board are gone???!!!
    If not, is there a way to retrieve them?

Yep I too got the box and ? mark. I chalked it up as a Macintosh thing. Sorry to hear someone else had the problem.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I can't speak for the Mac guys, but for us windows guys, if you right click on the little x, a window will pop-up. One of the selections is "properties". Click on that and see where the picture is located. Often, folks will link to a picture on e-bay or some other site that deletes their pictures over time.

Gruen-Can you post a few links to pages where you have this problem?
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Similar Threads

1. Old & Older/ Then & Now
    By Chuck Miller in forum General Info
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 03-03-2015, 07:57 PM
  2. Vintage 911 Racer Pictures/Threads with Pics ?
    By Stretch32 in forum General Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 10:30 PM
  3. How many threads are you subscribed to?
    By ibmiked in forum General Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM
  4. Pulling up old Threads - Pictures gone?
    By gruen911 in forum General Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 09:31 AM