Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This has to be record asking price for an E

This has to be record asking price for an E

It seems to be a very nice one. The price might not be too crazy for this car if it's everything it is claimed to be.

Most of the value must be in the Cibie lamps...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

$50k asking...

More and more NICE E's and T's are hitting the high $40k and $50k ASKING prices. We all know ASKING and SELLING are 2 different prices!!
    The owner of this '72 T is ASKING 50k...both cars are on the classifieds of

http://www.early911s.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

higher yet

I have a 1969 911Ewith 15,600 miles on it totally original except for tires and I have the original tires;rick cabell has seen the car and called it a movie star.the car is totally original #'s matching,with original paint.I AM LOOKING TO BUY A '70 s coupe to go with my other 911S coupes.Once the weather in the N. E. GETS BETTER I was going to put it on the market for $60,000,but I 'm willing to pay more for a great '70 S. I DON'T NEED A '70 s TARGA I have one,This E is a fabulous car;It's the tangerine E on my photo site

Well I am not making the commentary about what the real worth is here. Exceptional original cars are pronbaly worth whatever you care to ask for them. There can only be a handful in that conditon. If people are getting 200K plus for RS's which are hardly any more rare than an early E or S, these are a steal for 50-60K.
    Phil

Looks to be a great car. For $57K I'd want him to send the wheels to Harvey to make them right, provide the right steering wheel, and chrome the headlight rims. The carpets look original, I like to see that.

How is Mr. Sloan to deal with? Has anyone done business with him?

Again, a beautiful car.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I have a 69 E that based on serial # is the 21st ever produced, anybody know what serial # for first 911 E ever imported in to US was.
    Thanks,
    Phil

I'm almost positive this car was for sale in the spring of 2002 by the original owner in the Philly area. Its the real thing - car had just been painted (due to clear coat issues with original paint according to owner), new headliner, had about 45K miles on it at the time. I spent the better part of a day with the car - it drove great, no issues, no leaks. I recall thinking that the exhaust system looked a bit ratty compared to the rest of the car, and the tires (Dunlop SPs) were dry rotted. Documentation back to day one - it was special ordered by the owner. Couple of modifications - had an 80's Blaupunkt radio/cassette, 7" alloys, the Cibie lights, etc. A very nice, very well taken care of example of a '73 E. Just wasn't my top color choice.

Price at the time was $30K firm - and given what I knew of the owner and his reason for selling in 2002, I have no reason to believe the car went for less.
    Andy J

'71 S
    '14 GT3
    '99 748
    Early S Registry Member #707

Quote Originally Posted by Jens
    How is Mr. Sloan to deal with? Has anyone done business with him?
    PLEEEEZ - I looked all over for my old posts about this guy and can't find them. Long story short - don't trust ANYTHING he says. He 100% tried to BS me about an RS a couple of years ago.

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports