Thread: Still Need Gas Tank for 73.5 CIS

Still Need Gas Tank for 73.5 CIS

Hey guys-
    I'm still looking for a gas tank for my 73.5 CIS coupe. I recently bought a car that was supposedly in great shape, and the fuel tank is so rusted out that it can't be repaired.
    Please call or email if you have the correct gas tank.
    Thanks,
    Gary Grasso
    (626)222-7955 cel phone
    email: garygrassopr@yahoo.com

The one I have with the VDO fuel gage fitting dated 7/72 is set up for a full size spare. I think it came from an MFI car based on the VDO date, but I also have one that is for a mini spare with the VDO dated 6/72. Not sure how the MFI vs. CIS tanks differ if they do. The tank is in pretty good shape, although it has been sitting around for a couple of years. Shipping could be a challenge (I am in Phoenix area), so you might want to check with a local wrecking yard, or local enthusiast to find one. E mail me if you are interested in more discussion about my tank. g.bosworth@mchsi.com.

Gib Bosworth
    R Gruppe #18
    Early S Reg. #434

need gas tank for 73.5 CSI

Thanks, but the CIS tank for the 73.5 is unique and I need to find the exact tank,,,,so, my search goes on,,,,and on........

Gas tank for 73.5 CIS

I called both suppliers and they don't have the tank. (German dismantlers is checking another source)
    So, my car is still in the shop. I should be driving it right now...
    -Gary

ok, let's see

Gary, try:

Porsche Foreign, in Downey or Southgate, don't have the phone number
    M&S Road and RAce - 323-660-7674
    Did you try Stoddard's?

somebody's gotta have one of these...

good luck, sorry you're having such a hard time.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Thumbs up

Alright, Stacy -
    I'll try your suggestions- this is turning out to be a royal pain in the ass......
    Thanks again for your help - how is your car running now that it's back??
    - Gary