Thread: So What happened?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So What happened?

The thread that used to be here about a black "'73 RS" just vanished. Like the thread never happened. I find that interesting in it's own right, considering $200K paid was mentioned...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

My research said it was a great car. $200K + is what a good car brings in Europe why not USA. If anyone get the real selling price please share.

Joe

Your not powerful enough to have post removed or use bad enough lauguage. Dont worry about it. It does not concern you. I think someone used bad lauguage on the thread so it was pulled.

I believe it sold for $215,000.
    Mark
    Early 911S Registry # 351
    Rgruppe # 247

The ebay listing for this car is still there. #4597071911 Maybe the RS book says the numbers are right, but ARE they? VIN plates aren't that hard to replace, or even replicate. I'm also puzzled because I've never seen an RS, even a touring, loaded with such weight adding features like air, power windows, power antenna, etc. Anybody here with the RS book care to comment? Like I said on the "vanished" post, I'm sure glad it wasn't MY $200K! And Schmidt??? It concerns me...why shouldn't it?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Yes, can I help you, Paul, what would you like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    Your not powerful enough to have post removed or use bad enough lauguage. Dont worry about it. It does not concern you. I think someone used bad lauguage on the thread so it was pulled.
    FWIW:

I think my vulgar Spanish is pretty good and I can string together a really nice one for you in English if preferred.

BTW, nobody knows it all. None of us. A few would like us to think they know it all, but it ain't so. To admit not knowing beats "smoke" any day of the week with me.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I agree Tom admitting not knowing "let me see if I what I can figure out" attitude is the sign of knowledge. It shows a willingness to learn.

Jeff,

I note with interest that another MET (Mexico Tourist Car I assume) was built to exactly the same specs as the black one its # 599 both with LSD etc etc etc and both with black headliner or at least so the "bible" says.

An English RHD in the same black/red colour scheme sold out here last year for $215,000 Aussie and it wasn't optioned like these cars nor as good I suspect.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6