Thread: RS engine case stamp

RS engine case stamp

On each side of my RS silumin case, just above each case part number stamp, there is the stamp of a letter 'H' inside a circle. Does anyone know what this signifies?
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Manufacture

Jeff
    I was hoping you would reply, so thanks for your help. Do you know the name of the manufacturer of these cases? Where were they located. I take it was is Germany(?) and maybe they are still in business?
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

Actually I am almost sure, send me a photo of it, I have a book of German manufactures identified by symbols. Here is my email

Jeffreysmithpdx@comcast.net

So Porsche wasn't making the engine cases, but buying them from another manufacturer?

Correct. Most of their engine parts are made by another company to Porsche specs.

Is this the "H" in question?...

...does anybody also know what the hand stamped- "K2" beside the casting number (on my case) means?..Thank's.../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Lars
    Yup, thats it for sure. Tried taking a picture of mine but it is really difficult with the engine still in the car.
    So, what do you think....who is the manufacturer?
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

With the into of the pressure cast Mag case, Porsche was producing there own and included in house machining. The parts marked with circle "H" i believe was the company "HIRTH". I'll double check.

Robert Gross.

Sorry,,, my mistake... the pressure cast mag and Siliumin case's were produced by Mahle... Hope this answer's your curiousity..

Regards, Robert Gross.