Thread: 1972 911T non-sunroof cpe.

1972 911T non-sunroof cpe.

Very nice, original '72 911T non-sr cpe. for sale. One owner believed to be 39K miles. Orig. 2.4 MFI motor. Just had major service and re-seal. Leak down test revealed a high of only 6% cylinder leakage. Runs great. Fresh clutch. Perfect NO RUST body. Presentable paint, trim, chrome, stainless, etc. Very nice interior. Looks like the seats have been re-covered at some point. Dealer installed AC from '72. Very rare find. $21,500. I take Porsche trades. 205-276-1918.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to see you posting this here for sale. Looks like deep six fuchs on the car. Do you have additional, large photos of the car? If so please post them. Do you also have the documentation to prove the mileage and ownership? Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian, I will be taking some more pics tomorrow. I am working on acquiring documentation, but the original owner is an elderly Doctor here in town so it is taking a while. The mechanic that recently worked on the car has been a Porsche mechanic since the early 60s and he said that he had no doubt that the car was a legitimate low mileage 911. That has been the concensus opinion from all who have seen the car.

Looks like a very respectable car. Most buyers are stuck on documentation. That would be a big plus on selling the car to verify one owner, and the miles. If so, the price is reasonable.

Thank you Rick. I have just interviewed the original and only owner of the car. He is a retired Doctor here in town and was kind enough to give me the following information. He bought the car new April 11, 1972 from German Auto in Birmingham, AL. He drove it regularly for about the first 3-4 years and then put it up. It was always stored inside and started every 2-3 months. According to him the car still has its original paint with the exception of the tail panel where the tag mounts. A lady backed in to the car in a parking lot many years ago. Other than that the car is completely original and virgin. I was able to obtain from him the original owner's vinyl owner's manual binder, the original owner's manual, the service booklet (stamped through 27K miles), keys with leather pouch, etc. All of these items are in perfect condition. He is looking for the window sticker and bill of sale. He also told me that the mileage that is indicated (39K miles) is absolutely correct. It is not 139, 239, etc. This coincides with the condition of the car and the leak down test numbers. I am 100% certain that this is a legitimate 39K mile, original paint, no rust car! If you are a serious buyer I would be happy to put you in touch with the original owner. You might be wondering why I did not know these facts when I started this thread. I buy and sell Porsches (99% 911s ) as a hobby. Consequently, I am always looking for nice 911s. I heard that a local dealer here in town had obtained this car. The car sounded to good to be true so I had to investigate. After seeing the car I had to buy it because it was in such nice, original condition. Then I did some background work on the car's history. I know this sounds backward, but I knew the first person to look at the car would buy it if I did not. Anyway, I have been very pleased with what I have discovered since. In fact, I may have underpriced the car! I really believe that the first person that comes to see this car will buy it on the spot.

WOW, That description is a buyers dream. There will be plenty of bitching due to the color, but I still think this car will sell quickly. If nothing else, to Europe. Yes, next time do your homework BEFORE you set the price. You might have left money on the table.

Right you are again Rick. I just received a deposit on the car. Looks like it's sold. I'll know for sure in a day or two. Thanks guys...Tim