Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cibies

Cibies

I know this may have been covered, but just what should a pair of cibie rally lights go for in good to better condition? I have a line on a pair that are in real good condition, complete with orig diagram/paperwork and just minor pitting in the chrome bezel/surrround.Everything else excellent including glass, reflectors, bodies etc.

They are not cheap, but what is the going rate--if such a thing exists?

If you are referring to the hood mounted lites, then anywhere in the $400-800 range depending on condition. Mitch

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick
    If you are referring to the hood mounted lites, then anywhere in the $400-800 range depending on condition. Mitch
    in some cases even higher...

For an excellent pair, what would be a ceiling?

Abbyak,
    I don't mean to be smug, but like many things in the early 911 market, it is really a question of what someone is willing to pay right? It is kind like asking what a really clean early 911S is worth these days?
    $800 should get you a really nice pair of Cibies than don't need anything. But when you say REALLY nice I guess we can assume we are talking about NOS.
    At that point, it is a question of who wants them the most, isn't it?
    I do appreciate your taste in lighting though. I've got a set on my 67. They cost me around US$550 and another $100 for paint, another $25 for H3 bulbs, and another $10 for the wiring. I thought I got a really good deal for $550. I was prepared to go significantly higher.

Every year at the Classic Essen carshow there is a vendor selling complete nice sets for about 350-400 euro. This has been the case for the last 4 years, it might be so in 2006 ..

Richard

Well Richard,
    I will be living in Munich at that time and will try to get to the show. I will bring alot of money to buy as many nice sets as I can find for E$400, just so I can resell them here.....

I would like to find a good used pair of Cibie's all I found was NOS for $1,200 from a private seller and $1,250 form 'Luner lighting' also NOS, Fritz

Hello Gruen 911,

The seller is a Dutch (or Belgium) guy. He has a booth w/ his parents (I think they are, at least they are old enough to be ) nearby the tunnel between two sections. Unfortunately have I forgotten the section nr but it's also where the guy is with the Heuer Collection and VW parts. It might be section 3 or so. Not 8 or 9.

Good luck and try to be an early bird ..

Richard

p.s.
    just so I can resell them here.....
    , if you don't flip and jack up the prices for others that would be very nice to do.