Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Source for Correct Carpets?

Question Best Source for Correct Carpets?

Has anyone used Stoddard for carpets? They are special order and I assume they are made by another supplier, but I get a discount (800 club - check it out) and have been very happy with Stoddard, so I'd just as soon get it from them. I don't have any outside info on the carpets they sell. Who makes them, how is the quality, etc. Anyone purchased a Stoddard carpet set? I'm planing to buy German velour in charcoal/black for a 72 coupe.

Stoddard buys from Auto's International, or at least that used to be.

I think you can say that chances are that the kit that you are interested in come from that same source.

Richard

Thank you, Richard. I suspected as much. Mike

This is the correct German velour

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

I have a german velour set being made by Tony Garcia at Autobahn. I should have it by the end of January and will give you an update.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    I have a german velour set being made by Tony Garcia at Autobahn. I should have it by the end of January and will give you an update.
    Dave, are you doing the install yourself? Carpet is the planned Winter/Spring project and will also need the velour. I just wondered if it is a heavier material (and maybe harder to install?) than the RS style perlon.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

I changed the carpet in my car while I was waiting for the machine shop on my engine rebuild. There is a huge diffrence between the perlon and the valour. Stoddards is very willing to give out sample sheet's with the choice's on them.
    Pelican has wrong some of the listing's, which I found out the hard way.
    As for the instalation plan on removing the rear side panels and the back panel and a bunch of stuff you would not think is part of the carpet install. We used two quarts of the glue and some of that weather strip adhesve( to put back the weather strippnig that had to be removed). so do not get in a rush. We did find neat things like the vin# of the car in crayon on these panels. All in all, very satisfiyng thing to do. Have fun

I bought a set from Tony, very nice.
    Phil

I got a set from Tony as well. It arrived Christmas Eve.

He sent me samples of all the carpet styles he can get and I went with domestic cut pile. This seems to be the closest to what was already in the car. The dramatic part was how the sun bleached the original charcoal to a greenish tint when compared to the new stuff. Very nice.
    Hal Michael
    2008 Audi RS4
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    1970 911 Targa 2.7 (sold)

I will be doing the install myself. Im sure it will be heavier material than perlon, but not neccisarily more difficult to install. I will let you know when I get it.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439