Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheels

Wheels

Weidmann or Wheel Enhancement? Looking for a set of deep 6's later this year. How long does it typically take to find them?

Thanks,

Steve

weidman all the way...seach the board here and read many contrasts between the two...Harvey's wheel art is near perfection. As far as finding them, thats not all that hard. I hear that refinishing is about 3 months out right now though.

Cheers,
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

AFA finding any part, it could be today, it could be a month, it could be two. And, if you buy the first thing that pops up, you always run the risk of something better coming up soon thereafter.

I would offer this advice: Buy in person or from a trusted source. Most of the people who place ads here are trustworthy and it does take much to dig up who is bad. Bad news travesl fast. If you buy on eBay, have someone look at them, if you can. And, have some cash ready. You might even end up buying a set only to buy a 2nd set and sell the first. You could temporarily tie up over 4K in a proposition like that. Lastly, be patient. Last year, these wheels were everywhere and the price actually dropped a bit because of so many for sale. It was like everyone was trying to get in on the rush to sell. They come in waves.

Just for the record for comparison purposes, a year ago I sold Al Reed polished and painted (not restored), date matched, set of 5 with 4 new tires for $2200. At first, it seemed like the guy paid too much as the prices softened. But, later on, that price was well justified. I'm sure he could turn them now for a little profit. As long as that's the case, I feel good about the deal.

Wheels

Thanks for the insight Zeke. Good to know about the market. This is not a very common item here in the Midwest, so I am trying to figure out the best way to go about finding some. I do have a local source that can find some pretty obscure Porsche items and will probably wind up finding them there. Luckily I am not in a big hurry for them.
    There is a set on eBay right now but it doesn't appear to be a very good deal considering the price and the fact that one of the wheels has a rash "due to handling". I didn't see the part about them being from a 911 that an old lady only drove to church on Sunday but I am sure it is implied:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Thanks,

Steve

Unhappy Wheels-Sorry didn't search prior to posting.

I just did a thread search and see that this has been discussed already pretty extensively. The responses were pretty one sided. Certainly helps make one's mind up.

Go with Al no question their. Like Zek said be paitent. I have been looking for some time and just purchased a nice set for $1,000.00 which is a very good price. Soon they will be off to Al's.

Good Luck
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

I agree with Joe, go with Al Reed. He has done some deeps for me and they came out great!
    Tom

I have a set of 2 8s original finish that Al did and 4 7s that Harvey did in a RSR finish, I am not saying anything bad about Al but Harvey's work is impecable and he is now doing a set of 7Rs for me. Oh I'm sending the 8s for Harvey to do in a RSR as well. No question who I'm sticking with.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Can some one give me the telefone numbers to both of them? Price wise are they similar, and location on both. Also to do a pair of R,s frosted or do them original
    thanks
    santiago

Santiago~

Weidman's 530-534-7903 (Northern California)
    Turn around time on a pair of 7/9's for my SC was about 3 months.

Al Reed Polishing 714-632-3907 (Southern California)
    Turn around time on 1 Deep6 Fuch (my spare wheel) was 2 weeks.

Both are very good. If you are on a budget $$/time wise go with Al,
    if you want concours perfection & can wait, go with Harvey.
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon