Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: POC @ Streets of Willow 1/28-29

i'm shocked

i thought i was talking to real "Rgruppe material". it looks like some Rgruppe members are not recognized as being "Rgruppe material". your pm explains it.

ENOUGH!!!

This thread is not getting anyone anywhere ....

Back on track ....

The results from the 'Streets' are on the POC's web site...

Turns out I won the V4 class over 5 other cars ... and posted the 19th fastest time of total of 102 cars for the day.......... not bad for pretty street car that I drove home .....

These old cars are ment to be driven hard and to win.......

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Gburner
    Congrats Chuck, you and that car are dialed in!

Affirmative that Chuck!

Chuck, the continual "Mutt & Jeff" show gets old on all of us.

ENOUGH!!

Congrats Chuck,

Just checked the POC site. What a turn out. You did a fine job in what appeared to be the largest group of competitors.

Which group are the stock GT3's in? Curious to see what type of times they are capable of on the Streets.

Way to go man......

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

I'll tell you this, in San Diego PCA Time Trials the stock GT3's kick the crap out of our heavily modified RS clones. (Some of us are V3 and some are V2 in POC classification) It's not even close. They are faster coming out of corners, way faster in a straight line and absolutely kick the living crap out of these early cars under braking. They just stand on the ABS while we threshold brake to the best of our ability and cook our dinky little rotors and calipers and have total mush for pedal feel 1/2 way thru a session.

I used to be a big believer in knowing that my car was lighter and thinking that lightness is what it is ALL about. But lately, as the 944 Turbo's, the 964's, the 968's, the 993's and the Boxster S's get stripped and modified, they are really giving our more heavily modified early cars problems. It's tough to tell yourself that having MFI is the coolest thing ever when guys in track modded 951's that cost as much as just my freaking engine did are faster than our "cool" early cars. Over the last few years, our cars, formerly easy Top 10 Times of the day cars are dropping down into the higher teens. Being beaten by much heavier, newer cars.... some with water in them!!!!!! My racing buddy Mick ALWAYS says as we walk back to our cars after reading results pages that show us losing to much heavier, much newer cars, he always says, "yeah, but look how cool our cars look"

Oh, and to avoid any confusion, I was NOT blasting Gburner and RSUpdate. I consider them two of the nicest guys around. Along with TTweed, that group of R Gruppers are about as cool as it gets and those are really the only three guys I really know personally that are in the R Gruppe.

So if the "enough" was for me

And dang Werks, if this "continual" stuff is getting "old on all of us" to you after 16 posts, can you imagine how you'll feel after you hit 32 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    These old cars are ment to be driven hard and to win.......

Now, now Chuck.....you're stirring the pot...!!!!

And a hearty Congrats on yer win at SoW Chuck!!! A job well done
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335