Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 73.5 coupe 4 sale

73.5 coupe 4 sale

Not mine, any comments, i would like to be on it
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem

That's a nice unmolested-looking car. Wonder what the reserve is?

The reserve is 35K

Probably worth it, but I'm amazed at some of the prices these things have risen to ......

73 Gold Metallic Coupe

This appears to be the same car discussed a few months ago that sold recently first at Amelia Island to someone in Virginia, and more recently by G&W to ? It's the second gold car in this thread. Anyone know what G&W it sold for then?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=G%26W

Gold metallic can be very attractive (I'm not biased due to owning one), although personally I don't think the brown complements it nearly as well as black. But this interior looks in great condition, but apparently a dash crack based on last thread.
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Thumbs up The Gold coupe is mine....

OK Guys- the Gold T is mine and I am the one who bought it from G&W......It really is a beautiful car. After it was shipped out to me, it had problems with the engine cutting out- turns out that the gas tank was rusted out inside and couldn't be repaired, so I found a correct gas tank and had it completely redone inside & out. I also installed a new correct fuel pump, rebuilt alternator, new Hella horns, replaced some engine gaskets that were leaking, replaced the brake hoses and had the valves adjusted........
    The reason I listed the car is that I just bought a 1973 S and decided that I now have too many cars (seven)...so I'm being practical. Who knows? I may end up keeping the T - I hate selling these things anyway....
    I found both my early 911's with help from many people on this board, so I want to say thanks! I plan to join up and look forward to meeting some of you in the future.
    -Gary Grasso
    73 T cis coupe gold
    73 S Targa silver / sport seats
    2004 996 Cab black/black
    70 Mercedes 280 SL blue/blue
    61 Jaguar Mark IX
    56 Pontiac Safari
    2002 Mercedes S430

You gotta be kidding me

$35 K for a 73 T? This is absolutely nuts. Hell, you are over half-way to a brand new Cayman S with 295 HP at that price. All modern everything, no worries, away you go. I mean it's a nice T but really, NO sunroof, NO sport seats...c'mon. MAYBE that much for this car IF it was an S or E, but a T? No thanks.

Oh yeah???

Well, show me something better for less and I'll buy it- I would have bought one long ago if I could have found an unmolested, original early T like this one...so go ahead, point me to 'em if you know where they are........I don't see anyone selling these cheap.........

"Hell, you are over half-way to a brand new Cayman S with 295 HP at that price. All modern everything, "

Yeah, but then you'd have a quickly depreciating Caymen S, just like the other 20,000 of them that will be on the road, that will be off warranty and worth $30,000 3 years from now! Give me an early car anytime.

I don't think too many people cross shop 72 911's and Caymens, so I not sure I understand comparison. If you look around you'll see a few nice T's in the middle 30's. That kind of money would probaly get you a nice Roadrunner or GTO what would you rather drive on weekends.
    Phil