Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need sideview mirror a '73 -

Exclamation Need sideview mirror a '73 -

Does anyone have a sideview mirror for a 73? I need one in very good to excellent condition- must be for a 73.
    I believe that theare are differences in size between a 72 & a 73.....any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Gary Grasso
    73.5 T CIS coupe gold
    73S Targa silver
    2004 996 cabriolet

No differences between '72 and '73 side mirror. NLA and not easy to find.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

73 Mirror

Randy-
    I am told that although the 72 & 73 mirrors appear virtually identical, the 73 is slightly larger than the 72. For 74, the mirror size was increased again.....anyway, that's what a person who deals in early 911's says...
    Come on, someone, take that stock mirror off your 73, put on a radical aftermarket mirror and sell your stock mirror to me -
    -Gary Grasso

[QUOTE=garygrasso]Randy-
    I am told that although the 72 & 73 mirrors appear virtually identical, the 73 is slightly larger than the 72. anyway, that's what a person who deals in early 911's says...
    [QUOTE]

Gary, and whom might THAT be? I've got the 72S & the 73RS next to each other in the garage, and I just measured the mirrors. Identical down to the MM. And I've never heard of any differences. It would be interesting to know if the factory indicates the same part numbers. At any rate, they are the SAME, or SO CLOSE that NOBODY, NOBODY would ever know.

Congrat's on the Silver "S"! Looks nice!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Side mirrors

Stacy-
    Thanks for the email- and thanks very much for your referral to M&S in Glendale for the gas tank for my CIS - They were the only ones to have one- Scott had the tank completely redone inside & out & I just picked the car up on Friday.
    I was told that the 72 & 73 mirrors are slightly different by Dick at Pristine Motorsports in Huntington Beach . . . . . I need a better one for my S -
    Best regards,
    Gary

Gary i am in the search for one also, one just sold ebay, 445 US i was going to bid, but i will not pay that amount for a mirror, i can alocate that kind of money to some other needs of the car, like a wevo shifter or...but there hard to come by.

73 sideview mirror

Platas- If I find two mirrors I'll let you know - Gary

Here's a thread on restoring these mirrors. I have one that I'll be restoring as well.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...or+restoration
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

73 sideview mirror

Thanks for the restoration info - - I'd still like to find one, then restore this one....
    Gary Grasso

'73 Mirror Available

Elevenparts is offering one on their website for 280 eu. www.Elevenparts.com

Part No. 911 731 031 01 NOS

I have been by there when I was in Zurich, they had several rare 911 and 904 parts.
    RSRacer

2000 996
    1993 RS America (Track)
    1973 RS Lightweight