Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: exceptional, original long hood coupe

Arrow WTB: exceptional, original long hood coupe

I'm a longtime lurker and a relatively new member of the Registry hunting for an exceptional, original LWB coupe... a keeper. Prefer an E or S model. Ideally, a '72 with a 2.4 and 915 gearbox (tall order, I know) or an earlier car with upgraded mechanicals, but will consider all '69-'73 coupes. Cleanliness and originality are paramount. Needless to say, there must be no rust. Prefer black interior with sports seats, but somewhat flexible on exterior colors (I have my favorites, but won't bore you with them here). Looking to stay under $50K. Cash waiting for the right car. No targas, no sportos, please. I'm in the club, now I just need to find the right car. Thanks everyone for your help!

email: toddd@neb.rr.com
    Sodly
    Early S Registry Member #748

Budget

I think what you're looking for (if you can find one) is gonna be more
    like $55K+
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Welcome to the registry. Thanks for your support. With that budget in mind you should definately be able to find a really nice 'E' model buthas Stacy says the an 'S' in the condition you are looking for will hard to come by.

Are you located in the upper Midwest by chance? If so, stay tuned for some of the event that will be going on this summer. Hope you can make it to one or more.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Unfortunately, no. I would love to join you guys, but I'm in the "middle" Midwest where early Porsches are few and far between. This is what makes my search for a nice car all the more difficult. On the bright side I guess I'm equidistant from both coasts!
    Sodly
    Early S Registry Member #748

72S S/R coupe for sale...not mine.

There is a 72S coupe listed in the AZ Republic currently for sale. Silver, recent mech. updates, Recaros, 74.9k mi, collector quality, owned 31 yrs. $60k 480-471-3475 or 303-902-4281

Gib Bosworth
    R Gruppe #18
    Early S Reg. #434

You must pull coin for quality Sodly.................you won't regret it!

rickwoodmansee
    reg #699

1973 911e Sunroof, Original Paint, Sport Seats, Built On Last Day Of 1973 Production

SODLY,
    THIS CAR IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED FOR!! PLUS MORE!!..

I AM NOT SURE THAT I WANT TO SELL... BUT THERE IS A VINTAGE FERRARI AND I HAVE A 1973 "S"

IF I DECIDE TO SELL WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF FROM THE NUMBER YOU OFFERED..

1973 "E" SUNROOF
    ORIGINAL PAINT! (SPECIAL ORDER COLOR)
    BUILT ON THE LAST DAY OF 1973 PRODUCTION.. 10TH FROM THE LAST CAR
    FULL LEATHER (SPECIAL ORDER COLOR) DARK BROWN
    SPORT SEATS
    FACTORY AIR
    BRAND NEW REBUILD OF ENGINE( WITH RECEIPTS)
    FENDER TRIM
    EURO LIGHTS

PLUS MORE!

Call Me @
    (310) 456-8833

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Todly Thanks For The Quick Reply..

TODD,

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK REPLY..

THE CAR WAS NOT YOUR FIRST,SECOND OR THIRD COLOR CHOICE?.. THESE CARS ARE 35 YEARS OLD,IN MY OPINION COLOR SHOULD BE WAY WAY DOWN ON THE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS.. MODEL, YEAR , OPTIONS, CONDITION, ORIGINALITY THESE ARE THE MAJOR FACTORS THAT I LOOK FOR..

MY EXPERIENCES ARE THAT COLOR PREFERENCES OFTEN CHANGE..THE GREEN, ORANGE AND YELLOW CARS THAT IN THE 1970s MOST U.S.A. BUYERS HATED ARE NOW HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER..

MY FIRST 912 HAD A BRIGHT RED LEATHER INTERIOR.. WHEN I FIRST GOT THE CAR I HATED THE RED INTERIOR..I WOULD SAY THAT IT LOOKED LIKE THE INSIDE OF A FRENCH WHORE HOUSE..

AFTER A FEW WEEKS IT STARTED TO GROW ON ME AND I NOW LOVE RED INTERIORS!

MY 1957 SPEEDSTER IS BLACK WITH A RED INTERIOR..

MY FIRST 911 S WAS A 1967 IN BRIGHT YELLOW.. WHEN THE SELLER FIRST SHOWED UP WITH THE CAR I ALMOST DID NOT BUY IT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE COLOR.. I DID BUY IT AND AGAIN I SOON BEGAN TO LOVE THE BRIGHT YELLOW..

I WISH I HAD AN EARLY 911 S IN BRIGHT YELLOW NOW!

I STILL HATE SEPIA BROWN BUT IF I FOUND A NICE ORIGINAL CAR IN SEPIA I WOULD BUY IT IN A HEART BEAT..

ANY WAY THAT IS MY $.02

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH..

73E coupe

Execmalibu,
    I just sent you a pm....

Color should always be a secondary issue.

Tom