Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to say...but

Sorry to say...but

I'm retiring and moving soon ...so I considering selling the "Queen of the garage"...not to say I won't own another but what do you all think this will fetch on the market? Chuck has driven this car so I know he will agree it is a very fine car.

1970 911S Targa S with MFI
    Original Silver/Black
    correct and matching numbers
    3rd PCA owner
    Kardex, and docs including original window sticker and original deal sheet.
    Most records, including mint factory manuals and factory shop manuals.
    100K miles, 98% original have most of the original parts removed, Some spares. (bumper seals etc.)
    73 high back seats- leather. Have the perfect vynle originals seats.
    Factory tint
    Good / very good original carpet other than steps sills. Replaced with aftermarket
    Rebuilt gearbox in '01
    new rotors and brakes, rebuilt calipers.
    New Master cyl.
    SS lines
    all rubber fuel lines replaced '01
    Electronic ignition, new coil and CD (Bosch)
    new plug wires (OEM)
    turbo covers
    SSI exchangers
    SS Muffler
    Sport mounts
    like new Bridgestones Turanzas on correct 15" Fuchs.
    Mostly original paint,, touchups here and there.
    Minor surface rust at Targa Bar and rear quarter. NO OTHER RUST anywhere. Never had any rust work done at all.
    Good top Great interior, The Crack on the dash but not huge. Defroster vents are a bit curled.
    Basically been a garage queen for 10 years driven 1-2 a week in good weather.
    Overkill maitenance by Dave White Motorsports.
    Lots more ..but I can't remember it all.

regards to all,

David Lucas
    Clearwater FL
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David Lucas
    70 911S Targa #9110310111

It looks very nice, do you have a price in mind already?

Platas, are you trying to challenge Eade for the "trying to own all of the early 911s" title?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

$26,500 is my vote
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa
    $26,500 is my vote
    If it weren't matching numbers, perhaps. I suspect it would sell for at least 5 grand more.

(edit) BTW, if you'll take $26,500, I'll send the check today.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

What price did you say???

Them are "T" prices, ain't they?

From here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/class-cars.html

"For Sale:
    1970 911S Targa
    This stunning vehicle is the perfect addition to anyone's car collection. It has been habitually stored indoors since day one of my ownership and can be found in Toronto, Ontario; a mere few hours away from the US border. It?s equipped with the 'S' deep dish wheels, an immaculate interior and it's original 2.2 MFI engine with only 116,000 miles. An aluminum decklid and aluminum bumper center section are indeed a rarity. This car is a sacrifice for me to let go, $31,000 and can be easily shipped to the USA.

As per Certificate of Authenticity
    - VIN# 9110310062
    - Impeccable condition
    - Engine Number: 6300200
    - Exterior Paint Color /Code: Silver Metallic / 8010
    - Interior Material/Type: Black Leatherette / 16

Optional Equipment:
    - U.S Equipment
    - Radio Prep ? Antenna on Left side
    - Tinted Glass
    - Air Conditioning (have equipment/not installed)

View pictures

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 905-951-3415, or jjliving@dal.ca for pics, if you have any questions concerning this vehicle.

10/22/05"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa
    From here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/class-cars.html

"For Sale:
    1970 911S Targa
    $31,000 and can be easily shipped to the USA.
    10/22/05"
    Smashing deal. Wish I had the scratch for another right now.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Targa

Peter-
    That Canadian car has been posted for quite a while- I wonder if it sold yet?? Maybe I'll email the owner....
    -Gary Grasso

Thanks guys. yeah I was thinking somewhere in the $30's. I hate to sell it but I'm retiring AND moving out of state. 1 too many hurricanes so I'm outta here. There will be others, Ive had a few othes but this has always been a "keeper". Great running car. Scarey fast and sings like a banshee. Of course my buds are telling me I will regret this, and someday I surely will but ...it's time for a new adventure, I can't dwell on the past.
    David Lucas
    70 911S Targa #9110310111