Thread: Reproduction Rear Seat Delete Shelf for LWB Coupes

Reproduction Rear Seat Delete Shelf for LWB Coupes

Using my factory shelf as a template, a master craftsman woodmaker has made me several reproduction rear seat delete shelfs. Now that I have the templates, I can have more made on an individual order basis.
    Using today's techniques in custom European Kitchen cabinetry and better wood, it weighs 2 lbs. less than the original and is much stronger and durable.
    To make it superior in every way, I did make some changes in design and construction. Ideas that I feel are improvements.
    The wood is 1/2" maple vs. 3/4" pine. The corners are contoured for looks and ease of upholstery. The facepiece has a added 1/2" reinforced lip. This prevents luggage from sliding over the top during hard braking. (Ask me how I know) The top shelf has been dadoed into the facepiece. This will prevent the shelf from bowing under weight, or pressure. (Ask me how I know) The pieces are wood screwed and glued together, not just nailed. The hinges are more durable, and the latches are push/pop open. This gives a cleaner look and is easier to cover. The corners are contoured to fit coupes with 3 point inertia reel retractible belts.
    It comes assembled, no carpet, or upholstry. Use your vinyl/leather and carpeting to match your interior
    As seen in the photos, the Shelf is a quality product. The price is $350.00, plus shipping.
    PM for more info and photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Thumbs up

Will this fit in a SC? Are you open to trades??
    Byron Von Dwyer,

20+ Year PCA

Active Rennlist Member.
    http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/

Want to Start a Porsche Related Business??
    I'm getting burned out, see my blog for more info
    Byron me911bvd@aol.com
    http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.p...log&blogid=337

Very, very, very nice.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I have an original but am impressed by your re-design.

For the easy (and cost) of shipping do you also sell it in parts in a way that one can assemble it him(/her?)self?

Richard

My only other question has to do with the hardware: are the hinges and fasteners close to original?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

thanks for the interest

kenikh, THANKS for the complement. I feel it came out VERY nice also.The hinges are not orginal, it will be one "ruler" type hinge, much more sturdy. The original has 2 small hinges. The screws on the original are tiny, and are separating from the wood. As for the latches, let me know where I can find the black nylon/plastic "push button" type. As far as I know, NLA. One reason for the magnetic "push/pop open" release is you can add just about any release you want. No holes drilled into the cover. If you find the push button, or any other, just drill the proper size hole to fit your release. Its not meant to be a exact duplicate. I did make improvements.

byron, no thank you on trades, again, I'm paying for the labor and materials to have these made. Not sure on fitting a SC. Maybe someone on the Board can answer?

304678, I am looking into your suggestion. I can have a drawing of the pieces and the order of putting it together. It would be easier to ship flat.
    Price will be reduced also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Ray,

Are you coming to the Lit show Feb 25th? If so, will you be bringing a few of these. I assure you they will sell, and I would like to see one in the flesh, and then will probably buy one on the spot. Look forward to seeing you soon my good man.

Later

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Lit. Show

Chris,

You have a PM.

I will be having a table at the Lit. Show. I will have several Shelfs there available for purchase. I will not be bringing too many. First come first serve. I will then be taking orders.
    If others want a Shelf, ready to go at the Lit. Show, please pre-order.

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Chris,
    Is the shelf only for LWB cars or would it fit an SWB too?
    Was it a Porsche option for particular model years only?