Thread: Funny EBay auction for Heat Exchangers

Funny EBay auction for Heat Exchangers

Dumbest ad I have seen today (besides the Porsche toolkit that the seller states is for recreational use only)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...33038262QQrdZ1

It would seem that with all of that rust it would be unnecessary to have to clarify that they are not SSI's

He must have changed the ad details; he now says that SSIs were copied from these. He never says they are not SSIs explicitly.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hi Kenikh,
    The non SSI reference is in the title. Guess maybe you are right. Maybe I am just being a $#&@ today...

Putting "not SSI" in the title is an Ebay search sales trick. It is a way to drive traffic; this way everyone looking for "SSI" will see his exchangers in their search results as well.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Yeah, don't you just love it when sellers do that!

I wonder what goes throuugh their heads??

Hmm.... I have a rusty 924 to sell here... I know! If I put 'not 911 RSR' in the ad title all those people looking for an RSR will see my ad and decide they really want this 924 instead!
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

Similar Threads

1. 914/6 heat exchangers
    By GCJeff in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
  2. Silly eBay Auction with Funny Q&A
    By 72targa in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM
  3. Check out this Ebay Auction for bumper guard -FUNNY
    By bob tilton in forum For Sale: 911 Parts