Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early 911 colors

Early 911 colors

I know this doesn't belong here, maybe someone can put it where it should be. It should go somewhere that it won't get buried and disappear. Very nice German site for color reference. Helps if you speak German.
    http://www.elferhelfer.com/farben.htm

Thanks 05,

For those who don't already have this site on their favorites it's a great resource........ and those who do, and have a good example of a factory colored car, jump on and post a pic of your car. My old blue car has been on for a while under 72-73 324/334 met. blue .....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

The owner is BEGGING for missing colors and higher res photos of the colors. If you ahve a car that meets the need, please send him a photo!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar

A Great Source for Viewing Early 911 Colors

Here is another great place to look at Early 911 colors.

http://www.early911s.com

Go to 911 Gallery, then you can sort the 600+ photos five different ways.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    The owner is BEGGING for missing colors and higher res photos of the colors. If you ahve a car that meets the need, please send him a photo!
    I was able to figure out the site email...sent him a couple of pics. Dunno if he'll use them though.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    My car's there too under Bush Green.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

My color is not there.

In fact, I've only seen a reference to it once. It's a '72 E in #223, "Field Green."

After a (red!) repaint, I have the area under the engine stickers and a few other places to get a small sample swatch, and I really can't distinguish the color from Conda... It'd be great to see it on an entire car, but I may have to wait until mine is matched & shot in the next couple of months...
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Pretty certain the 73 E I owned about ten years ago was colour code 223. I have never seen another car with that colur since. Wish I had never sold it. I thought the car on Nick's site which he is restoring (colour 224 I believe) was close but now I think it is too 'metallic'. My car was not close to condor either. I would describe it as a sort of emerald green but the glasurit code is field green as you say.
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

A nice collection of chips here:

http://members.rennlist.com/tweedt/glasurit.htm
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp
    Pretty certain the 73 E I owned about ten years ago was colour code 223. I have never seen another car with that colur since. Wish I had never sold it. I thought the car on Nick's site which he is restoring (colour 224 I believe) was close but now I think it is too 'metallic'. My car was not close to condor either. I would describe it as a sort of emerald green but the glasurit code is field green as you say.
    Regards
    Mike
    I was able to take a gas filler lid from a Viper Green car today and hold it next to a spot of virginal paint on my '72E. It's a near-perfect match for Viper/Kelly, to my eye. If anything, just a bit more... what I would describe as light/opaque. Of course, the new Viper color was specially mixed (by Kevin at A.I.R.) and clearcoated, and clear coat darkens colors a hair.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute