Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan 2006 Vintage Racer

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar

Jan 2006 Vintage Racer

Sorry, should be Vintage RACECAR - They just started carrying this at the local rag stand. What a great mag (if there is anyone out there that does not already know it ).
    Came across a a nice pic of a familiar car. You're holding out on us Juan.
    Also, a detail of a pic of Jim Clark in a Lotus in 65 . Incredible photo.The eyes !

John
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Hey John,

Holding out on you guys??? Never (see my avatar )

Not the best of weekends for me, I blew the motor 30 minutes into the race.

Want to see some action? Go to trackdaymedia.com and under road racing look for "alter ego". I have an in car video of that race.

Guess I'm famous now... Wait until I test the new engien this friday ! (should be making 30-40hp more than the old granade).

I'll try to post dyno specs after testing.

If you guys would like more info, I'll gladly do a write up for the forum or the magazine. IMHO, my car is just awesome. Must see pics of the detail work that was done to it!

Cheers, Juan
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Oh, I know it well, hard to forget that car. I meant you didn't share the details of the race - till now.
    Sorry to hear she blowed up.
    I'll have to check out those other sites.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

working on a write up !

Heck, If you guys are interested I'll try to do a write up on the upcoming HSR races at Sebring and CHRA at Daytona both of which I plan to compete on.

Sebring will be tougher for me as the Enduro is a 3 hour and I'm not sure I have the stamina required.... I'll enlist my friend/mechanic/pro-racer as a co-driver in case I can't take it.

For those who say that racing is not a sport...try racing for 1 hour
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo
    For those who say that racing is not a sport...try racing for 1 hour
    When I first started doing ECR enduro races in an ITA Maita, one of my first races was at Lowes Motor Speedway here in Charlotte. Late Summer, upper 80 degree weather with no breeze and about 70-80% humidity. My first stint was about 40 minutes and I thought I was gonna die about 20 minutes in! Funny though, a couple of months later in similar weather at Roebling Road I did an hour and felt fine?!

Looking forward to the write up on your car Juan.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Dios mio Juan.
    That car sure does sound great, even if it did blow. I also would love to check out the details in the S's. Write away.

Can't imagine being in one of these cars in the fla. heat.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Try this, Florida heat, no insulation, fire proof underwear, 3 layer suit + helmet. I did a 1 hour race at almost noon at Sebring, finished off with chills and stuff. One of the other racers had a mild heatstroke that day.

Took the car to the shop and had them install a cool suit/helmet system...

Sounds great on the video ah ! Wait until you hear the new engine
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Juan,

Songhoh and I will be caravaning up for the 12 hours of sebring.
    Can you join us?
    Hopefully my R Replica will be done.
    Steve

Rico,

I'd love to but not sure with my current schedule. Trying to score brownie points with my wife (11 month old baby and another one on the way...). I'm racing at Sebring HSR (March 2-5) and then on CHRA's Daytona April 16th->

You guys thinking of coming to any of those? If you do, look me up in the 901 Shop camp.

Hows your car coming along and who ended up painting it? Guess the Spyder is gone now????

Anyhow, if not for the Sebring event, we should try to get together one day at least to shoot the breeze..........
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Juan, sorry to hear about the motor.

Recalling Edgar Allan Poe's admonition, "Should you ever be drowned or hung, be sure to make note of your sensations," I don't suppose you have a post-mortem writeup of what went wrong?

The cool shirt works great. I used mine for the sprint race at Summit Point last October, it performed very, very well. There is a strange feeling when you come around the clubhouse turn and switch the pump on. . . almost like you are getting wet. But that's just the cold water flowing through the shirt. It does take a bit of getting used to.

Unfortunately my shirt sprung a leak so I did NOT get to use it for the 90 minute enduro, in which I drove both stints. My resting heart rate 5 minutes after the race was over and the car was in the paddock was still 125. For the Enduro at Watkins Glen this year I am going to wear a radio heart monitor like the marathon runners use-- I have a theory that my HR is actually higher during the five-minute fuel stop than during the stints. . .
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen