Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know how these cars have been selling?

Anybody know how these cars have been selling?

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I was thinking the same thing. I had to check to make sure it was not a website in some other country and that those prices were actualy in dollars.
    Brooke
    1969 911 ST w/ 2.8SS
    1973 911 RS tribute with 3.3 turbo
    1970 914-6 w/ 2.2S (sold)
    1972 BMW M2 (sold)
    R Gruppe #338
    S Reg # 855

Classified section

Since were on this topic, what do you guys think of that beige gray 73t for 29k? Any thoughts?

The guy selling the beige grey car told me that it was an "opportunity" and that he had not owned the car very long. It seems his brother in law re-sealed the top end as the previous owner did not want to spend the money to do it.
    According to the window sticker it should have Sport Seats. The seats in it are leather but of the standard variety. These could have easily been switched out when it was new. The gas tank is a replacement from the pictures I've seen. The rest of looks pretty good. It does have a sunroof. Bought brand new in Beverly Hills. I like it for the color.

Tom

Question 73E gemini blue

Hi
    I am a beginner on those beautiful early 911s.I am interested in this car, it looks pretty good to me except the engine is painted green.
    I would appliciate your opinions on this car. good, bad,ok,priced right? Does anyone know this car in person? I love the color.Should I look for S instead of E? some says 72-73E drive good as 70-71S,if itis in good shape.Do 72-73S perform much better than 72-73E? Your comments are greatly appliciated.

Quote Originally Posted by r14
    Hi
    I am a beginner on those beautiful early 911s.I am interested in this car, it looks pretty good to me except the engine is painted green.
    A green engine shroud is correct for a '73E model.

Does anyone know this car in person?
    If you mean this one that is one of Bill Kelley's cars. He posts here as Eminence Gris, I believe. He is a long time Porschephile and a straight shooter. It looks like a great car to me, but I haven't seen it in person.

Do 72-73S perform much better than 72-73E?
    Only at the top end. The S cams have better breathing at high RPM. The E cams have better low end torque. Many people think the E is easier to drive around town and just as fast in the lower speed ranges, which are what you use most often. On a big track, where you can use the higher RPM range, an S will still walk away from an E. On the street, it might not make much difference, and the E is a bargain compared to an S with today's market.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

73e

Thank you Tom for the good information.Ryo

e vs s

Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    and the E is a bargain compared to an S with today's market.

TT
    But it won't be a "S"...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    If you mean this one that is one of Bill Kelley's cars. He posts here as Eminence Gris, I believe. He is a long time Porschephile and a straight shooter. It looks like a great car to me, but I haven't seen it in person.

TT
    Thanks, Tom. This car was a project of mine starting about 4 years back. A rescued 'barn find.' To be honest, I bought it for the drivetrain, thinking the chassis was probably a write off since it had been brought to California from Massachusetts. But aside from bad cosmetics, two perforated body panels and a prior body repair, the car was straight & solid. The front suspension pan had been ripped by somebody trying to use the tow hook for towing and wasn't rusted through.

Unlike a lot of these cars that are well-used and multi-owner, this one had not been color-changed, nor for the most part, repainted. The suspension was set up for aggressive driving and was tight. I did not repair the two damaged panels -- fender & door shell -- but replaced them with locally-sourced parts. The paint was a glass-out, panels-off job with mid-quality urethane.

It is as described, a very nice driver. The sunroof has trouble closing, other than that, it's 100%. The present owner has put a lot of detail work into the car, but then got the bug and built an RS clone, which is his vintage 911 of preference these days. Hence the sale.

My stake in this car is just a modest broker fee and my reputation is worth more than that, so if you have any questions, I will answer to the best of my ability.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

My only comment with the blue car is that the gentleman doing the brokering is a very stright shooter guy, very impecable to do buisness with, i have done a very small scale , but in another bb, pp he has excellent reputation on selling these cars.