Thread: Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

It was 10 years ago this week that I got actively got involved with the early 911S registry. I was already 25 years into the early 911's, when I walked into the book store and saw European car in the February issue with a special on the early 911's. I contacted a board member, (who is no longer a member), and he and I hit it off quite well. He asked if I would be interested in writing articles for the "ESSES" publication. I said yes, and the rest is history.
    I funny thing is that the registry member who now owns the red 68S on the cover, contacted me today, and is going to ship me the motor for a rebuild.
    Small world we have among us!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

More Thanks

I would also like to thank Chuck Miller, John Dilger, Fred Trueman, and Mike Hammond for all the time and effort they have put in over the years to keep this "Registry" going.
    I truely belive that this issue of European car was the big bang that brought the early 911 to the popularity of where it is today.

I remember that issue as well as the one that followed in Excellence a year later (I wish I still had them). These are the articles that convinced me an early car, not an impact bumpered car, was the one for me. Does anyone remember the 911S restoration series in European Car in 1998(ish)? It was basically an RGruppe how to. To this day, these are the most influential pieces of periodical literature I have ever read in my life. Thanks to you all for bringing us "yungins" along.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Maybe it's time to do a 10 years on article with European Car and the S Reg.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390