Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl was crooked

Super Bowl was crooked

(Rant)How often does a team that wins on 1st downs, total yardage, time of possesion and turnovers lose a game, much less the Super Bowl? First time ever. Super Bowl XL was more rotten than the Black Sox game. May the Steelers choke on their ill gotten game as pro sports have reached as new low. I loved the NFL, but Paul Tagliabue can rot for this crooked garbage.(Rant)

(edited to remove bad language...too much beer when originally posted)
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    (Rant)How often does a team that wins on 1st downs, total yardage, time of possesion and turnovers lose a game, much less the Super Bowl? First time ever. Super Bowl XL was more rotten than the Black Sox game. May the Steelers choke on their ill gotten game as pro sports have reached as new low. I loved the NFL, but Paul Tagliabue can rot for this crooked garbage.(Rant)

So, you lost your bet?

Tom

Don't you mean...How often does a team that wins on 1st downs, total yardage, time of possesion and turnovers, yet gives up the big plays, mismanages the clock at the end of the halves and can't close the deal on their opponents side of the field lose the game, much less the Super Bowl?

Conversely, how often does a team win three playoff games on the road en route to a Super Bowl victory? Oh yeah, first time ever.

All kidding aside, it was an ugly game. Big Ben played tight the entire game. He probably set a record for underthrown balls. The Bronco & Colt wins were definitely more satisfying.

Also, if Tagliabue had any control over the outcome of these games, we would have been watching a Colts-Giants Super Bowl this year.
    Michael
    Early 911S Registry #600

1970 911E

Quote Originally Posted by M Larson
    Don't you mean...How often does a team that wins on 1st downs, total yardage, time of possesion and turnovers, [I]yet
    Also, if Tagliabue had any control over the outcome of these games, we would have been watching a Colts-Giants Super Bowl this year.
    You don't think he tried? I mean the Polamalu non-interception is proof of that. That game was an example of a team overcoming the refs, where the Hawks couldn't. I think the NFL learned it's lesson and made sure the Super Bowl was called even tighter than the Colts game.

Every Hawks big play got called back. Every one. The Steelers got scores on all of theirs.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Hey, if the officials ( or the NFL powers behind them ) didn't eliminate the Patriots you would have nothing to complain about.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Quote Originally Posted by John Fusco
    Hey, if the officials ( or the NFL powers behind them ) didn't eliminate the Patriots you would have nothing to complain about.

John
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

You don't think he tried? I mean the Polamalu non-interception is proof of that. That game was an example of a team overcoming the refs, where the Hawks couldn't. I think the NFL learned it's lesson and made sure the Super Bowl was called even tighter than the Colts game.
    I'm not a conspiracy believer myself, but Polamalu's interception should not of been overturned. The NFL agreed.

Every Hawks big play got called back. Every one. The Steelers got scores on all of theirs.
    Not every big play. Herndon's pick was huge and Hasselbeck's fumble was overturned.

Blame the refs if you like, but neither team played to their potential. Probably a very different outcome, if they had. I can see the Hawks back in the Super Bowl next year.

Quote Originally Posted by John Fusco
    The Patriots were in the playoffs?

Now, to take this Off Topic thread off topic.

Kenik, do you still need any pics of the spacer for the MFI pump base? I currently have my engine out and the MFI disassembled. I can take any pics you might need.
    Michael
    Early 911S Registry #600

1970 911E

Quote Originally Posted by M Larson
    Kenik, do you still need any pics of the spacer for the MFI pump base? I currently have my engine out and the MFI disassembled. I can take any pics you might need.
    PM sent.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Gotta admit Mike, the NFL playoffs weren't as good as that college championship game between Texas , and ... I forget which team it was Vince Young ran all over .

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

The NFL has managed to to take a great game and ruin it. A TV AD for every play. What a bunch of suckers the fans have become.