Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 hours of Sebring

12 hours of Sebring

Is anyone on this forum besides Songhoh and myself
    going to the race on March 18th.
    Maybe we can has a unofficial gathering?
    Steve

Anyone from the 6.5 million full time residents from S Florida going? I doubt it. South Florida in general is the most unfriendly state I have ever been in. Get together? No way. This is a transient state. Only forty years experience though. But from what I see, most people here in Florida buy a new Porsche to show off. They know little about the marque other than it looks good on them. Race? What race?
    I hate Florida. I think it all started when the Sept 11 terrorists started calling Florida home. Name any other state they could have pulled that off in.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Talking

Songhoh, tell us how you really feel ! 18 years and counting ! Hope to see you @ the next auto x.
    Ivs
    69 911E

I may be driving one of my cars down. Would like to get together with a group. I will be coming from Atlanta, probably be there Fri: and Sat. Need to find out about PCA Paddock for a safe place to park. PM me and I will also contact you as we get closer to the race.
    Scott
    Scott Marshall
    911 S Registry member#724
    1981 Porsche 911SC
    1993 Porsche 968 Clubsport
    1961 Abarth Record Monza, 1964 Abarth Simca 2000
    1962 Abarth 1000GT, 1964 Abarth 850TC Nurburgring

The PCA Paddock is super safe.
    I have never known anyone to
    have a problem in all the years
    I have attended.
    Steve

Low percentage

So far that's two people from S Florida, Rico and myself, willing to drive up to see the 12 Hours of Sebring.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344

I'm planning on going. No CDI box will hold me back! Is anyone planning to go to the HSR Klub Sport Challenge at Sebring on the 3rd or 4th?
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

GUys I'm not coming over to the 12 hours but I'm racing with HSR March 3-5th. Anyone else coming over????
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Smile

Whhooooaaaa! Songho. So much anger? Couple of points at issue: Florida is a state, 'South' Florida is a region of the state. 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia not Florida. The terroristic actions of Islamist radicals should not be held against 'South' Florida any more than NY,NY or Boston Mass.('where they pulled it off') Transients...yah we have a lot of 'em. Because Florida is great and a lot of people move here to be part of it! So what... a lot of people buy 'new' to pose for attention... whatever. If everyone wanted the early stuff.. what would be left for us. Shhhhhhh.... let em enjoy all the new stuff.
    12 Hours of Sebring is one of the greatest races in the world of motorsports! Yep in Florida! 24 Hours of Daytona has some great history. (was a great race until Grand Am errrggh WWF of racing, Nascar/France family ruined it!) Fact, Florida has more associated Porsche motorsport history than any other state. Dave Maraj and Champion Porsche Pompano Beach, the largest Porsche dealer in the world, has sucessfully campaigned multiple Porsche race cars including a GT1 here in Florida and around the world. Brumos Porsche has a history with the early 911's second to NONE! 'Get togethers' ? uhhh...
    Al Holbert reunion endurance challenge at Sebring, Klub Sport:Moroso Spring Fling, 2 Litre challenge, HSR Daytona Continental Historics, CHRA at Homestead, PCA 48 Hours of Sebring, POC Porsche BMW challenge. To name a few...
    My friends and I have attended most of these Florida race events for years, decades. We will be at Sebring 12 Hours again this year en force!
    Just an alternate perspective from a friendly Florida native of 45 years, Florida rocks!
    S. SCOTT STAMPER
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Early S #799
    R Gruppe #447
    72 911 T 3.0
    73 911 3.0 Turbo
    74 BMW 2002 TI
    79 930
    84 911 Turbo
    87 911 Carrera Coupe
    87 911 Turbo Coupe
    94 911 Turbo 3.6
    17 991.2 Turbo
    18 991.2 GT3

trap sprung

Caught: one friendly Florida native.

So now there are three of use from this board going to Sebring from South Florida. You will caravan up with us, right Scott?
    I don't think I've seen you at any local PCA events. Were you at the autocross Sunday? You should get on the local E-mail list. We just went to the Naples car show together also.
    And the Sept 11 Terrorists did call S Florida home. And trained here. Ate here. Lived here. Fact. It's a transient state.
    State is an attitude, not a region.
    See you on the drive to Sebring.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344