Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuchs

Fuchs

Is there anything special about this Fuchs wheel?

It has a part # stamped into the metal and also stamped on with ink
    "911.361.020.10
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Randy,
    I think this was a fairly comman issue with early wheels. I have a set of deep sixes that have a couple of different parts #'s, one in ink, a couple of different sizes on same wheel.
    Phil

Fuchs wheel

Randy,
    What is the date? If the production number didn't come out good or was wrong they frequently used a stamp. That is about the crudest example of the wiping technique that used to clean the paint off the pads that I've seen.
    H

That's nothing - it has a cut rim too. But if it might be worth more than a 'normal' Fuchs then I'll either keep it or sell it to an Early S person. Otherwise I'll eBay it I guess. Let me look around for the date stamp...

OK, could the date be 3/73 - here is a pic of the code 373 stamped into a boss near the center cap ring. The Fuchs fox head is also stamped on with ink and there is a 6 or a 9 stamped inside a spoke. Another spoke has the size, 6Jx15.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looks like it takes a 3-prong cap?
    Its probably worth a bit more than most 6x15's as it would be correct for the front of a 73RS.

I think most or all Fuchs had the foxhead ink stamp. I have seen it on several and assume on the wheels where its not there that it has either worn off or been covered in brake dust.
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

Quote Originally Posted by nullh20
    Looks like it takes a 3-prong cap?
    Its probably worth a bit more than most 6x15's as it would be correct for the front of a 73RS.
    A 73RS had 7s on the front.

Late 6x15s that take 3 prong caps are not that rare.

Quote Originally Posted by dvkk

I thought the RS had 6's in the front and 7's in the rear???
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Quote Originally Posted by dvkk

The RSH, RSL, and RS version were originally delivered with 6" front and 7" rear Fuchs. The small hole 6" wheels do usually sell for a premium.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

6" & 7" value

6" front and 7" rear Fuchs. The small hole 6" wheels do usually sell for a premium
    What is a ballpark price for such a set (6F, 7R) w/ date stamps 3/73 in a very nice condition, true and straight? BTW these rims come from an original RS.

Thanks, Richard

I am not sure what price those wheels would bring. Do a search on completed sales on eBay for some idea. For instance here is a single, small hole 6" wheel that sold for $330.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...36937806QQrdZ1

What are the date codes on the 6's and 7's? Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299