Thread: WTB: 73 Hard Front Cooler Lines

WTB: 73 Hard Front Cooler Lines

I am looking for a set of front oil cooler hard lines. These are unique to the 73 in the way that they extend farther in the wheel well. Any condition, crushed and bent are fine. I have included a pic of a RSR to show what they look like but these were used on all models for 73 that was ordered with a front cooler. I also have a NOS thermostat that attaches directly to the tank for 73 if someone is in need. Thanks for your help!
    Rick
    P.S. Porsche did a good thing by moving the t-stat away from the engine but I am looking for originallity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Rick,

I've been thinking about adding a front oil cooler to my '73 S. It sounds like you know what is exactly correct.

What's available (from the dealer or other sources) and what's hard to come by?

I would be interested in the 73 thermostat if I had a realistic chance of getting everything together.

Ed
    Early 911S Registry #224
    911S Targa 1973
    356B Roadster 1962

Hey Ed, Hopefully you already have the original oil tank. Alot of people don't realize that the 73 tank is unique (one year only) as well since it has the bracket to support the t-stat. I would use the 28 row brass cooler since it is not as dependent on air going across than the radiator type and the original trombone just reroutes the oil and is dependent on the lines to cool. This setup can get pricey. The line from the engine to the cooler $823 from porsche and the two soft lines from the t-stat $100 each. I believe the front soft lines are the same price $100 each. Brass cooler 200-600 depending on seller and condition. Hard lines.... lots of luck, not impossible 400. I have someone else interested in the extra t-stat. They go for 200- 700 for a NOS. Tanks 200-300. All these prices are of coarse what someone is selling and for what someone is willing to pay, just trying to give you a ballpark. My sugestion, use the 74 and up lines and stat alot cheaper 400 or so. Porsche moved this to get it away from the exhaust and tank, a good move. This is of coarse if you are willing to give up a little originality. These parts are hard to source and I don't think you would get to much slack. This setup was used on the RS and RSR as well so that may be why used prices are higher. IMHO
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Sale pending on the thermostat. Anybody have a set of lines? Has anyone brazed a set to recreate this? Am I the only nut case looking for these?
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739