Thread: Gruppemeister & Techmeister at L.A. Literature Meet

Gruppemeister & Techmeister at L.A. Literature Meet

Hello everyone,

Its der Gruppemeister here with my good buddy, Ernie W. at the LAX Hilton for this weekend's L.A. Lit Meet and the Long Beach Swap Meet this Sunday. I've got the long awaited R Gruppe News for R Gruppe members. Stop by our table at the L.A. Lit Show tomorrow and pick up your copy.

Ernie will be around to answer all your 911 R and RS questions. As for me, I'll be hiding so if you want your copy, you'll have to find me.

This is our 6th year trip to this meet and its something that Ernie and I have always looked forward to. A chance to see old friends and meet new ones.

Hope to see many of you this weekend.

btw, Ernie is taking orders for his special run of plastic 911R door handles, so let us know if you want a pair. He will be making a limited run sometime in the next couple of months. These are dead on copies of the real deal. Believe me, they're well made. I have the prototype in my 69 S and they've been on the car for the last 6 years.

Also there are plans in the works to make up some 911R rear plastic windows with the opening louvers vents just like the real thing. How about a 911R oil system, complete with the aluminum oil tank.

If any of the above interest you, please send Ernie a PM or reply to this thread.

I will be mailing out the R Gruppe News to the rest of the members this coming week.

Also those of you who made reservations at the Flamingo Hotel for this coming May, you need to get your registration form in. Roger is stressing out because of the lack of registration entries. We've got over 100 members already booked at the hotel so we need those to get the entries in ASAP.

If anyone needs to contact me direct, my e-mail address is: rgrupperally@aol.com

Cris Huergas & Ernie Wilberg
    two teenagers w/o a curfew

p.s. I'm using Ernie's computer to post this, hence its under his name.
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Good to hear from you Cris! See you in May???? Paul
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Hey Ernie,

I will take a pair of the plastic door handles. pls advise an estimate of their cost.

I will be travelling over the Treffen in May so hope to meet with you and Chris there and talk about 911R's.

When you say you are doing some rear windows with the louvres, arent there people out there doing this already ?
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

I had emailed Ernie quite some time ago about the availability of the plastic handles and never heard anything back. I'm interested in a pair.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

DynoDave

Plastic 911R door handles & oil tank

I would like @ least one pair of the door handles & would like info on the oiling system / oil tank. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dave
    Member # 351

Same here. My door handles suck badly and need replacing...and I definately want to look at the oil situation (I have nothing but the engine oil cooler presently).
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330