Thread: 1967 S with a T engine with S internals ?

Question 1967 S with a T engine with S internals ?

Hi,

I am currently looking at a 1967 911S, the car is solid and honest from underneath, i.e: the covering is peeling away to show the bare metal and surface rust, nothing to bad as far as I can tell . The top has had a lazy respray, ie: paint on all rubbers, chips just painted over, etc.

It has done 155,000 miles and the interior shows this.
    The engine is tired and needs rebuilding.

More concerningly the engine is from a T, there is a letter from the original owner explaining that he put a rod through the original engine , so he took the cases from a T and rebuilt it using the S internals. Does that sound feasible ?

Another oddity is the service book, manual is all there but only the first service voucher for the 500 mile service has been used.

Also what impact do you the engine and lazy paint work should have on the price ?

Cheers

Mav

Mav, Sounds like it needs absolutely everything, and its missing the original case. I hope it's really cheap! Good hot rod project though.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

A dealer is selling it for a customer, so I get the feeling they haven't paid it to much attention and where pricing it on being a proper S. They were asking 25K for it, obviously they is way over budget now. It was parked in the corner of there year with a cover on it.

So assuming I just want to hot rod it and can live with the paint for the time being. The interior is actually ok with exceptions to the front seats and the carpets. No rust to talk about. The replacement engine case are from 1967, so right year at least. I have a concours VW Samba, so fancy having a classic I can drive rather than worry about where I park it. Do you think 10K or 15K be closer to the mark?

Or am I or the dealer getting wrapped up in the spiraling S prices.

Mav

10K considering all that's needed to make it a pristine S IMHO and that's probably being generous. Sure it can be a hotrod but if they're playing the S card then you should too. It's an S in less than desirable condition and should be priced accordingly. Am I wrong here fellas????
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Thanks for the views, the dealer is talking to the customer. He has owned the car since '74 so is very attached to it. He only discovered the case swap after he brought it, but that was 30 years ago so doesn't see it as a problem. Which it won't be if they weren't playing the S card. Oh well.

Mav

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    So the only thing that is an S about the car is the body ? (Does it have the vented brakes ?) and badly repainted and rough interior ? Does it have the orig. fuchs ?
    Doesn't sound like a 25 car to me.
    If it had the orig S engine, even in need of work, maybe.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

pass it up

non matching # non s engine.
    engine needs rebuild
    car needs paint
    car needs interior
    asking 25k? he's crazy.
    that's what you'll sink into it (or more)
    keep looking or buy a t or e.
    your patience will be rewarded.
    bob
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Hi,

The rest of the car is all S, vented brakes, chrome + green dials, etc. We shall see what the owner says about the money.

Otherwise, eyes open

Cheers for the advice
    Mav