Thread: 1955 Porsche 356 Speedster Racer by PARTS OBSOLETE!!

1955 Porsche 356 Speedster Racer by PARTS OBSOLETE!!

And it's being sold by Monte Shelton!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Price

Asking $120,000 and my "favorite dealer", R Sloan, just added another Emory car for $275,000.I have been up to Gary`s and seen his work and would like to hear comments on the resale value of his one-offs.He is an artist. Are we seeing an emerging trend with his cars?
    Member:S Registry #864

Let's see...

Emory race cars hold there value pretty well, but the market for used race cars is pretty slim so they sometime take awhile to sell. I watched the red Speedster being built and it is freshly done and top notch. $120k may be too high for resale, but today you couldn't build it for that price.

Sloan is such a scammer. I can see several things wrong with his description of the silver car and I'm not sure he even has it in his possesion. The pictures are from Emory's place in Oregon.

I bought this Emory built 1960 Roadster last fall and Emory's maintain it:

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports

thanks

Thanks,Mark,I saw this car at E.Collectables last year and it got away from me.They wholesaled it for 38K.It is now back east for 55K.It`s a fun ride with the Goldie roof and the Emory touches,but a bit pricey.On the otherhand with the Amelia Island car with the 2.7 in it hitting 140K this weekend,you have to wonder if one of Gary`s car at this level is a good driver and loads of fun! It`s certainly not in your league-great looking car! Sloan deserves a whole new posting.I have had two less than desirable experiences with him. Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

Nice!

I've done some digging today - the car on Sloan's sight is/was being absolutely misrepresented. Note that he has changed the listing - no longer does it say that the car won it's class at the Daytona 24 (what a laugh). The Pebble Beach show he claims it was shown at was held in 1998, the car was built in 2000-01 (interesting). He does not have possesion of the car.

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    And it's being sold by Monte Shelton!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...QQcmdZViewItem
    That’s my former race Speedster!

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    That’s my former race Speedster!