Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine fuse cover knurled screws

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

Engine fuse cover knurled screws

Guys,

We have started production on a run of knurled screws for the engine fuse cover. Please see pics below. These will be produced from mild steel and zinc plated/passivated gold as per original colour. They will be exactly as per original save and except for a small undercut at the base of the thread in order to finish the thread correctly (where arrow is positioned). This you will struggle to see and definitely won't once fitted .

Price will be $22.00 USD per screw, but could be less if we place a larger order (we have 20 to start on order). These can be posted anywhere from Melbourne Australia for you and I will ensure payment can be accepted via Paypal to make things easier. Aussies - price is $33.00 incl GST based on the first run of 20.

The quality will be excellent; our fabricators are some of the best downunder. Turnaround time is about 3 weeks for production.

Please either pm me or email to lisa@spyderautomobiles.com.au for further info or to indicate your interest/place an order.

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Are these really that hard to find that there's a market for this? I just stashed 4 or 5 of them in the parts box earlier this week.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Lucky You!

Just about every car we see has one missing, or both replaced with wingnut type. I have tried and tried to buy them and no-one down here has any stashed anymore (including us which is saying something!).

That said, this is why the first run is initially ordered for 20 only. They are not consumables, so I don't intend to make 100s of the things. But we have friends and clients who are irked by the fact they don't have the right bit holding their fuse covers on, which is why we decided to go ahead with this.

Like I said...lucky you !

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

Thumbs up

Lisa,

Please don't misunderstand my post; in no way am I discounting what you're doing. Rather, I support it.

I just didn't realize that there was enough of a demand to support even a minor production run. I hope you sell every single one - let's make these cars right again.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

God I hate email!

Oh how I hate email! I didn't take offence at all...there was nothing to take offence to! Sorry if my response sounded as though I did; rather I was supporting your shock that these bits are presumably getting rare. Imagine my surprise when I went through every goddamn box of stuff at the Ventura swap and couldn't find one lousy screw (don't go there boys!). You know, I just assumed we would have some around somewhere too...Mike and I became obsessed with searching through all our bits for these - we were pathetic! Still, I found some other gems that I had forgotten about...

I'm comfortable with doing an initial run of 20 even if we get no response as it's a small amount of money to sit on the shelf. The convenience factor is really worth it I feel. I've had customers tempted to pinch them off others' cars in the shop, but I've drawn the line at that one .

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

Lisa,

Yes, I think these are hard to come by also as is the correct plastic cover they hold in place. I would like one myself please. I will send you an email so you have my address.

Marco,

You might not have those 4 or 5 very long now.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Lisa, sent you an email.

I've been looking for these for awhile so will buy 2.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Thumbs up Update - nearly there...

Hi guys,

Well...my three week estimate had blown out a little (a lot) . Our fabricator had some trouble obtaining the correct knurling tool, which slowed us down some. The good news is that the screws are at the platers and if the Easter public holidays haven't screwed up the schedule too much I should have them this coming week. I'll post some pics of the finished article and will contact everyone who has expressed interest/placed an order. I have ordered a few more than the original 20 due to the great response, so there will be a few left. We'll fill the original orders first of course .

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

I'm in for one if they aren't all spoken for.

Lisa,
    Please let me know how I can work through buying one of you production run. Happy to settle up on the funds anyway that works best for you. You can send me a PM or e-mail at lee.giannone@mondrian.com.
    Thanks for going to all the trouble to have them made.
    Lee Giannone (Eastern PA)
    Early S Registry #808
    1960 356 Super 90 Roadster
    1966 911 2.0L Vintage Racecar
    1972 RSR Tribute
    1975 Privateer RSR (Diego Febles)
    1997 993 C2S Factory Aero
    1984 962-102 (Coca-Cola / Akin)
    1973 RS Carrera #911 360 1018 (2008 Parade Grand Champion) Sold
    1968 911L #11810414 FIA Group 2 Rallye Car (Destroyed in Fire '08)
    1975 RSR #911 560 9114 (Sold)
    1975 RSR #911 560 9122 (Sold)

fuse/relay cover needed........then the screws

I need to buy it all!

Before I buy the knurled screw can someone sell me a good cover???

I have a few things that I can trade if their is something you need. Up or down in value is workable.

Thanks a bunch.
    Scooter