Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aluminium engine lid FS

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

Aluminium engine lid FS

We are in the throws of a major reshuffle in the workshop. As much as I would like to keep this engine lid, I don't want to risk damaging it. We've moved it around so many times already...I would dearly like to see it on a car rather than on our shelves .

I think this was removed from one of Dad's cars in the late 70s - when he fitted a ducktail to his 2.2S (remember this was the late 70s ). I have held onto it for sentimental reasons...and now I'm over it!

It is in very good condition overall. It does have a couple of flaws which I hope can be seen in the pics. More pics are available - pm me with an email address and I shall gladly send them to you.

Sensible offers are invited - like I said I want to see it on a car, not on the shelves.

Cheers,

Lisa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Deck lid

Lisa: If I was you I would keep it. These old parts are going up in value better than money market funds. Do what I did with mine and hang it up on the ceiling with a couple of ropes. If you decide to sell it, you should be able to get well over $1000 even in that condition which is very good from what I see. Thanks Eric

Lisa,
    I am interested. Sent PM.
    --mike

Eric,

You should see what we already have suspended from the racking! I know you're right...but now that I have moved this baby one too many times, it's time to let her go.

A couple of years ago I was offered $1500 Aussie and said no...then I was offered a date matched set of 6" and 7" x 15" refurbished Fuchs in exchange and still said no...I just didn't need to part with it. But it is at serious risk of being damaged as we are moving a lot of stuff around at the moment and we can't hang anything more from the racking!

You've confirmed what I was thinking...north of $1000. It's definitely on the market but seeing as Dad held onto all these years I had better realise his investment eh ?

Cheers,

Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

liteweight decklids

Could you "enlighten" me on the application of this aluminum decklid?

A friend of mine has one on his heavily optioned euro 67S and says he thought all S's came with them and I told him that I did not think that is correct.

I thought they were a sport option.

If they were standard on a S, what years would that be?

Thanks
    Scooter

Hi Scooter,

My recollection is that they were standard on 2.2S (here anyway) and optioned for all else.

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Weren't they first used on the 69 S ?

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Aluminum decklid

I had a 68L with the Aluminum lid. Sold it a few years ago for $1,100. It was nicer than the one pictured, but that was a few years ago. I'm sure they have gone crazy just like everything else.
    Bobby Smith

You guys are making my day! Finding a replacement for my incorrect steel lid was my first priority. Glad I did. I sold the first one I bought last year for $450 and bought a better one for $750 (no racing pin holes)

Now, to find an original aluminum license plate panel to finish the rear. Lisa, any of those "hanging around"
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

John,

I think you're right but hopefully others know that answer...

Stacy - I wish!!!

Bobby I truly have no idea just how "crazy" prices have gone for these things as they dont come up often in a public sale.

Guys I am really just looking to get a fair price in a fair market (mind you early Porsche stuff isn't a "fair market" anymore ). And I really don't want to put it on eBay if I can help it. I'm not into ripping people off and I don't want to get ripped off either, so throw me what you guys think is a fair price .

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726