Thread: My 'New' Webers

My 'New' Webers

Well not new, but Harry Bieker made my 25-year old 40IDAs look like new. If these run half as good as they look .....

Carbs aren't supposed to look that good. I mean, no runs of brownish gunk from the leak spots?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Very nice! The table looks good too.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Hope you're not thinking of getting those dirty.
    Now you will have to get the rest of the engine up to that standard

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

John - you hit the nail on the head. I've been standing here looking at my engine and thinking I might need to pull it and have it rebuilt to match the darn carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    John - you hit the nail on the head. I've been standing here looking at my engine and thinking I might need to pull it and have it rebuilt to match the darn carbs!
    Well, DUH! And as long as you're rebuilding... Yup, that's how "it" begins...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Yup, if you're a car guy, Webers are just downright purty.......
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

Nice pictures John!
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Curt, they really do look great. When are you going to get them installed and take a drive? I bet you will be astounded at the improvement, especially at idle. BTW, what jets do you run with the 2.5?
    Hal Michael
    2008 Audi RS4
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    1970 911 Targa 2.7 (sold)

140 mains and 55 idles. It'll be a few weeks before I put them on - several other little projects going on right now. Should be intersting to see if there is a difference. I had a persistant 'miss' around 3000RPM the last 2 years that I tried everything to cure. It would miss like clockwork about 85% of time. The other 15%, it would run perfect. Hopefully this will do it! My throttle shafts were leaking pretty good. At idle, you could hear and see them popping little bursts of fuel!