Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look whose car was appropriated for the sale of R taillights...

Look whose car was appropriated for the sale of R taillights...

Gotta love Ebay seller's liberal use of online photography:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4618780629
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hmmm, maybe the seller wrote Jack (from Austria???) for permission?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Cool

Yeah, looks cool...but does it go?!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Naw...it's "only" a 3.6. You need to step up to a 3.8 to have bragging rights these days...
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Well, of course if you're selling R taillights, you've got to show them on an authentic, concours-quality, factory-prepped, uh, licensed-and-pedigreed 1972 widebody with the special-wishes American aftermarket license plate panel and one of those snatched-from-the-future EFI big-displacement motors that the race department was sneaking (out of their factory time machine) to the Kremer brothers and a few other teams that year.

I mean, that's the platform the lightweight taillights were developed for, right? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Frere's book, or his notes, or something.

The seller didn't ask permission. But he's Austrian, and I guess I'm flattered to have been chosen, so I'll cut him some slack.

Awesome photo! Zach?
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Gawd Jack, he even showed your vanity plate...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JackOlsen
    Well, of course if you're selling R taillights, you've got to show them on an authentic, concours-quality, factory-prepped, uh, licensed-and-pedigreed 1972 widebody with the special-wishes American aftermarket license plate panel and one of those snatched-from-the-future EFI big-displacement motors that the race department was sneaking (out of their factory time machine) to the Kremer brothers and a few other teams that year.
    Jack, it was also mentioned in Jurgen Barth's book. Page 474.

RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    Awesome photo! Zach?
    If it was one of Zach's photos, I'd make the guy take it down (or pay Zach to use it). But it's mine -- I was out getting a sandwich, and, you know, the light was good.

Nice shot Jack. I'd like to see that in an 800 x 600 size (or bigger).

Have you ever tried a plain decklid? I'm thinking it would be a killer ST kinda look.

RGruppe #183