Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One more found: 911S SWB with Sportkit 2

One more found: 911S SWB with Sportkit 2

Hello,
    It’s a great pleasure for me to join this board as it is the best information source for the early 911!
    I was lucky to buy a 1968 911S SWB in Italy with the rare factory options Sportkit 2 and lsd .
    It’s amazing that there are still a few cars alive with the Sportkit 2. The increase of engine power seams not to affect the engine’s life if well maintained.
    The car is in great condition, matching numbers, and it was used for historic rally during the last years only. It’s driving great!
    Now I’ll try to get it back to concourse condition, making some corrections like changing the front bumper, the steering wheel and carburetor cover plate (please contact me if you know where to get a correct leather steering wheel (901 347 082 71) and 2 carburetor cover plates (901 108 820 00)– Thanks!!).
    I will report again when the work is done!

Best regards
    Claudius

Munich, 24 inches of snow during the last weekend!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome aboard! More pics of your car, please. It looks great. The snow there was in the papers here...west coast USA.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

…and skiing will be the next challenge this weekend!
    But the snow will never be as good as it is in North America!

Thumbs up

Wecome to the board Claudius...

You have a very beautiful and rare optioned car....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I love that interior pic! Whatever you do, hang on to that steering wheel. Is it a Nardi? A "period correct" look, indeed. The luggage straps are also from that time period. From what I've seen of weather photos here, cross country skis should be popular there for the daily commute. Perhaps snow shoes? (edit) Ahhh Skiers...I don't ski, but friends who do seem to be always looking for sunshine, perfect powder, uncrowded slopes, and a great hill. Here's a link to what is possibly Oregon's best ski area. Hope you enjoy:
    http://www.mtbachelor.com/
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I like the steering wheel too, it’s a Moto Lita. The wood colour of the wheel fits very well to the brown interior, but I will try to find an original steering wheel. Also burgundy red and brown interior is a nice colour combination, too and all the chrome…

Mt. Bachelor looks like a volcano, isn’t it? But there is bad weather too, I have seen on the webcams...

Claudius, I love your '68. The "S" models weren't allowed here in the USA during that year, the beginning of USA smog laws. Some have since been imported. Original is good, but the wood wheel looks nice to me.
    Yes, Mt. Bachelor is volcanic. The "Cascade" mountains of Oregon are vocanic in origin. Much of the snow blows in as moisture from the Pacific Ocean. So, yes, not all days are perfect days.

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    Ahhh Skiers...I don't ski, but friends who do seem to be always looking for sunshine, perfect powder, uncrowded slopes, and a great hill.
    Ha ha, that is so true. Back when I was in college, I would ski almost every day, conditions didn't matter, but now all those criteria you mentioned must be met for me to even put the skis on the rack.

68S_SK2, great car! What does the SportKit 2 consist of?
    Joe
    Now - 1993 C2
    Past - 1968 911L

There a lot of high mountains at the Cascades, I have seen on the map: Mt. Hood, Mt Rainier and so on. More to the east I found the blue hills.
    Paul, what is that name about? Because of the water?

The sportkit was taken away, the previous owner didn’t know when. The sportkit 2 consists of modification of the Weber 40IDS (about 10 HP) and additional rally exhaust system (not allowed on regular streets, about 5HP).

Hi Claudius,
    Welcome aboard. I am located in Munich too (just moved here two weeks ago). PM me with your contact info, and perhaps we can plan to meet sometime with our cars when the snow melts.
    As regards your list of things, what exactly is the carburator cover you are looking for? I see that you have the original metal air cleaner cover. What is incorrect or missing. Perhaps I can help.
    BRegards,
    Garth