Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muffler Skirt on Ebay Germany

Muffler Skirt on Ebay Germany

No affiliation, unfortunatelly (for me) it's for a LWB car.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Heckschuerze-Edel...QQcmdZViewItem
    Henry

one day to go and only 101 euros that is an excellent price if it holds there.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

The seller has a few other items; bumpers, chrome grills and a 911/83 RS case but does not say engine #.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Looks like the cat got out of the bag. One hour left and bidding has meanwhile jumped from Euro$100 to Euro$437.

I don't get it. Baubles and Bling. Serves absolutely no purpose. Manny, Moe and Jack designed it.

Tom

710euros is a pretty healthy price
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    I don't get it. Baubles and Bling. Serves absolutely no purpose. Manny, Moe and Jack designed it. Tom
    Yep Tom, a true sports car has nothing on it that doesn't make it go faster. Kinda like paint or enameled hood badges; just frivolous add-ons.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    710euros is a pretty healthy price
    Is this hobby getting more expensive all the time?

RGruppe #183

It Is About Being Original, Rare And A Factory Option..

A Car With All The Bells And Whistles Often Makes A Big Difference In Value And Desirability Unless You Are Racing..

In My Opinion Any Factory Options, Especially Rare Options Are What Will Make A Huge Difference In Value And Collectibility Between Two Otherwise Indentical Cars..

Special Paint, Sport Seats, Aluminum Deck Lid, Muffler Skirt , 7 Inch Wheels, Full Leather Interior, Electric Windows, Behr Air Cond, Sunroof, Plastic Gas Tank, Fender Trim, H1 Headlites, Ttg Driving Lights, Rs Steering Wheel Ect..

Most Of These Rare Options Will Not Make The Car Faster (probably Slower) Or Drive Better And My Cars Have Them All..
    But My Cars Also Have Short Gears, Ls ,oil Coolers, Bilsteins And Other Factory Options That Do Make The Cars Faster..

In Reality Sport Seats Are A Major Negitive For Performance Because They Are Much Heavier Then Stock Seats But They Are Highly Collectible And Command Huge Money..

Rudge Knock-offs On My Speedster Or On A 300sl Gullwing Are Much Heavier Then Stock Wheels But They Add Over $10,000 To The Value Of The Car..

Rare Parts On Any Collector Car Will Almost Always Bring Big Money Especially As Time Marches On..

You Often Cant Pay To Much..just To Soon..

Just My $.02

I agree completely Ex, I was just being fecetious(sic)! Just these kinds of options do add a lot to the right car; R stripes, rear wiper, roof racks, fog lights... great stuff.

My own cars are more towards the "light makes right" end of the spectrum, but I very much regret trading or selling so many of the "bling" trim items that I thought so little of years ago (and even more recently ).

Oh well, I think this was a good buy. If someone has a set just collecting dust, let me know.

RGruppe #183