Thread: F/S Marelli Dist.

F/S Marelli Dist.

F/S Marelli dist. was removed from 914/6 with 63K miles. Used in 2.2 T's, some 2.0 engines and of course the 914/6. Appears to be in great shape. Comes with a set of points and the rotor. I really don't know what these are bringing. I do know they are RARE!. What's it worth and who needs it?
    Bobby Smith
    porsche911dude@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bobby,
    I too have the same distributor in my 72T and was told by my mechanic that it was do doubt original to my car. I plan on replacing it with a Bosche and would be interested to see if there are any takers as I would like to sell mine as well in a couple of weeks if there is any interest.

rick
    reg #699

Bump...anyone need this?

Since caps and rotors are now NLA for these, these kinda end up as paper weights. I think Steve Weiner might have been looking for one a while back, but I think he wanted NOS.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

There may be someone that has a worn out shaft in theirs, but still has a useable cap and rotor. I'm not looking at much $$$$$. Just cleaning out the garage and found it.

"Since caps and rotors are now NLA for these, these kinda end up as paper weights."

Kenik,
    Nothing personal as I believe you're trying to lend assistance, but I think your attempts at voicing your value of goods as a third party bystander and not as a buyer interferes with the market place.

MHO,
    Sherwood

PS: I may have been a bit premature in my response. I reread the first post and he did ask for a value opinion. Otherwise, my statement remains regarding third party pricing opinions.

3rd party pricing

Well put!
    I have seen far too many "opinions" on the value of parts by people who have no desire to buy the item. Afterall, the value is "set" by the seller and buyer not someone with an outside opinion. I do admit on this item I was "fishing" to see who might need it and what is might be worth.
    Bobby

I think my points were valid and my tone appropriate.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I agree.
    Bobby