Thread: how to get a kardex?

Exclamation how to get a kardex?

Hey guys-
    This may be a dumb question, but how do you order a Kardex?
    Can someone give me the address, phone no. or whatever?
    What does it cost?
    Thanks,
    Gary Grasso
    Gary Grasso
    Early 911S Registry #843
    73 911S Targa silver/black
    04 Carrera cabriolet black/black
    70 Mercedes 280SL blue/blue
    56 Pontiac Safari sandlewood/white

Certificate of Authenticity

Gary - You can apply to get a Certificate of Authenticity by going to the PCNA website, doing a search for Certificate of Authenticity, and then downloading the .pdf application form.

The price varies depending on the year of the car, whether you're a member of PCA, etc., but generally is between $85-$115.

Whether it provides useful (i.e. accurate) info is an entirely different issue. I got one for my '67s a few months back and it is either riddled with errors, or my car has undergone some major surgery since leaving the factory. Things like the addition of a sunroof, removal of all traces of a 100 liter fuel tank, etc.

Best Regards,
    Bob S.
    Bob Schaefer

‘67 911S Canary/Lemon yellow, sunroof coupe produced w/100L tank. Until determined otherwise, 306943S appears to be 1 of 1, and among the earliest 911’s with a 100L tank. The 911’s initial participation in a competitive event, the 1965 Monte Carlo Rally, was fitted with a 100L tank (#300055). Seeking additional info on earliest 100L tank fitments to 911’s.

‘70 914/6 (2.7l RS spec engine, but searching for 6404915 original)

Be prepared to wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. If you wait a long time and it still hasn't come, they might be nice enough to fax you the paper. I'm still waiting and I ordered my original in September, 2005.

Price elasticity of demand is vertical for this piece of paper. But even though there's only one source in the world, the fact that PCNA is incapable of making this happen speaks volumes about where their head is at.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I have found that if you pay by credit card as opposed to sending a check it will speed things up considerably.

rick
    reg #699

Pay by credit card and ask Barbara Kurz to email you some basics. I got my COA in about 2 months, but got my serial numbers and original color via email in about a week. The 356 Registry keeps this link updated on their site for the form:

http://www.356registry.org/CCA.pdf

BTW, here's her direct email address: bkurz@sspci.com

and physical address & phone/fax:

Certificate of Authenticity Program, Attention: Barbara Kurz,
    1929 Mountain Industrial Boulevard, Tucker, GA 30084, Phone 404-557-3451, FAX 770-723-0244
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

kardex

Thanks, guys - I'm going online to order the kardex for my 73S Targa-
    Gary
    Gary Grasso
    Early 911S Registry #843
    73 911S Targa silver/black
    04 Carrera cabriolet black/black
    70 Mercedes 280SL blue/blue
    56 Pontiac Safari sandlewood/white

Gary,
    The COA and Kardex are slightly different animals based on what I understand. I have ordered serveral COA's from Porsche and get then in the 8 weeks they specify on their website. I am not sure that Barb is in charge of this effort anymore, there is a new form and it no longer has her email address on it.
    Good Luck,
    Phil

Coa

I have ordered 12, and 10 came back correct, and 2 came back wrong. I sent back and told them to recheck the records, as both the cars they said were wrong I had records back to new showing that I was right and they were wrong. Both came back with the corrected, details, one of which was that one car had a black headliner (Wrong, it was white), and the other that the car was white (Wrong, it was light yellow) FYI
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

The links to the form at the 356 registry are out of date. PCA has updated this process and they now refer you to PCNA. I don't think Barb is involved in process any longer. I am in the middle of getting a COA problem resolved, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    Phil