Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 73 RSR seat question

73 RSR seat question

Of all of the available aftermarket Sport style seats which one best approximates what the factory installed in the 73 RSR. Were they similar to what was used in the RS lightweights.
    Regards,
    Phil

Registered User parced@telia.co's Avatar
    Have only seen a few RS lwt's and even less RSR's I would say that the "Nomex" variant was the same in both the RS and RSR's.

Not seen IRL the ones that look most correct can be found at:

http://www.rsl-classic.de/pages_en/c...ats/seats.html

Regards,

Yes.....pretty sure the Lightweights and RSRs had the same seats......
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

The RSR drivers seat was a deep, fixed back bucket. The passenger seat was the same as the RS Lightweight but no thumbscrew back adjustment. Look
    at Ernie Wilbergs website. There is a fairly good shot of Roy Walzers RSR at
    the Monterey Parade showing the drivers seat and another good shot showing RS #1382's passenger seat. #1382 is one of 17 Homologation cars and the only RS's that had the same fixed back passenger seat as the RSR.

I guess I was talking in general......

Yes....the Road & Track article shows the non-adjustable drivers seat.
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Has anyone bought from RSL Classic? Do they distribute for someone else? They look cool.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Thanks guy I did some digging and reached the same conclusions, RSL seats are close but real RSR seats didn't have adjustable backs and did not have headrests. I think you can get RSR seats custom built. I had a brief correspondence with Peter Z, He has some folks who are doing the vintage seat deal that can help.
    Regards,
    Phil

67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

RSL seats

I have the RSL seats and they are a fantastic replica of the RS/RSR original. The company are great to deal with and very efficient. It does have to be said though that seats are not overly comfortable, they are very hard and a tight fit, you would not what to go far in them!

cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294