Thread: April 12th Big Willow Track Day

April 12th Big Willow Track Day

Hi guys,

Another track day is planned for April 12th, a Wed, out at Willow Springs, big track. This event is hosted by ACRA www.americancarracing.com

A group of us went out last Dec. and had a great time. It's $145 for the day and given the five 30 minute sessions it works out to be nearly 200 miles of track usage depending on your lap time and under $1 per minute. It also includes lunch and a cool T shirt.

Hope you all will consider it. It's a blast. Check the web site for all the details. Let me know if you have any questions.

Later

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Anyone interested in a great track day????

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    It would have been perfect after doing the POC STS on 4/8, 4/9... But it's the kids' spring break. Going to Mammoth. Have a great time though.

Will ACRA have a track day in May?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Sandy,

You'll be missed. The next ACRA track day is Oct 11th, then Dec 13th. They do 4 a year, 2 early and 2 late.

Anyone else considering this event? I just received word that they only have 15 entry's to date, and they WILL be holding the event, so this may be an opportunity to get ton's of extra track time. Hope more of you can make it out. It's low key, and loads of fun.

Lemme know if any of you have questions.

All the best.......

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Looks like it's going to stay dry Wed after all.....as a matter of fact, it looks like it's going to be a banner, Chamber of Commerce day!!!!

Come out for a track day....Big Willow, this Wed. I just heard we are ON!!!!! So good day to play hookey and come out for a great day of fun. Looks to be a very small group of cars so there will masses of track time.

Come on......live a little. Hope to see you there. See the initial post for details.

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Gburner
    My ride is apart but while I'm at work you know I'll be thinking I'd rather be at the track!
    Have FUN!

Just a quick final post to say we had an outstanding day on the track this past Wed. A total of 29 driver, 25 cars and 3 run groups. Open track all day long. The weather was perfect, not a breath of air, and sunny blue skies.

I also achieved my all time fast time on that track.....1.43.10.....with Jack Olsen in the passenger seat helping me with a better line. He is a terrific driver and instructor.

The next event is in October 11th with ACRA, and again it is a Wed.

See you all in a few weeks up in Sonoma.

Later

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Thumbs up

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME CHRIS!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Gburner
    Hey Chris,
    Sounds like an awesome day.
    Sometimes the weather is so nice, the track is hot and your car and you work well all day.
    That's the ultimate.
    Looking way ahead, I'll try to make another one after summer.
    You might consider some good driving books to keep your mind on the track between events. It was helpful for me.
    And shhh all the track talk some of the street racers think there is no advantage to it, let's just call it our unfair advantage.
    One great book is Driving Faster by The The Skip Barber School.
    How did you like the new tires?
    You were on RA-1s right?? added grip?

Thanks Chuck...Very Kind!!!.............

Mike.........., Thanks for the reading suggestions. I also like Performance Driving by Vic Elford.

This was the third track day on the Proxes and I'll say they seem to get better all the time. I had a brief off track excursion near the entry to turn 3 where the outside face of the tire popped in and completly deflated (I spun the car 180 deg. avoiding a large boulder kick out by the Evo heading off track in front of me, and slid offtrack over an asphalt berm sideways). I thought the tire was ruined. It turned out the tire needed to be re-filled with air pressure to pop the bead back in place and reseal. Quite extrodinary actually. All was fine and the tire is holding up perfectly. I'm very impressed with the Toyo's.

Hope to be back on track after Sonoma.

Again Thanks Chuck and Mike. It was your encouragement last year that got me hooked to this. Now I think of little else. Maybe I should be cursing you guys instead.

Peace and Happy Easter..........

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76