Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Under bumper fogs: aren't these Ebay items incorrect?

Under bumper fogs: aren't these Ebay items incorrect?

Here's the set on Ebay:

The mounting post doesn't look right to me. Did 911s have the bottom mounting post on 169s?

I thought the rear post was correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

The fogs with the rear post is correct....

E

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    The fogs with the rear post is correct....

E
    YEP!

And I've had two sets of those that were marked 139 inside the case on the Hella tags. I have seen many sets with both style mounts referred to as 139s and both with Hella boxes marked 139. I have not seen any yet that were actually marked 169 inside or boxes marked 169. The lense numbers end in 169 though. I have another theory on the 169 number but, have not investigated enough to publish yet.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=9187
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Anyone with original under bumper fogs as delivered from the factory out there?????? 69-72

I'm begging for a picture of the case interior and Hella tag. All it takes is two screws and 10 min. tops.

I'd love to see US and Euro versions. I believe the bulb and bulb mount were different for these as well. Same as with the 118s.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Here are photos of my 1971 911 with stock factory fogs (according to Kardex). My '71 was built fairly late in the production run and has several minor details associated with 1972 (square review mirror, certain interior switches, etc), but I assume these fogs were used for '71 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Intheshop
    Here are photos of my 1971 911 with stock factory fogs (according to Kardex). I assume these fogs were used for '71 models.
    Great! and yes, used for 71 and 72 if you didn't have the S spoiler. Do you mind removing the front lense/bezel and taking some pictures of the case interior and publishing the numbers on the Hella tags inside?
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Good god, man, my girlfriend is less trouble OK, how do I remove the lense? I suppose this would give me a reason to polish the exterior up anyway, so I will take it as a sign from the Porsche gods to pay attention to this neglected part of the car... are there screws I undo to remove the lense?

Good god, man, my girlfriend is less trouble
    I take it you have never been married then.

OK, how do I remove the lense?
    To remove the front bezel and lense (the lense/reflector is attached to the bezel), Remove the two front screws and pull the bezel off the case. You don't even have to remove them from the car. I'd replace the bulbs while you are in there too.

Appease the Porsche Gods!!! I actually have a small alter that I make sacrifice on. It's the Druid in me.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I'm begging for a picture of the case interior and Hella tag.
    Hi Michael,

Is this what is shown on the picture the tag what you are asking for?

I am cleaning the set and will put them up for sale later tonight.

Regards,

Richard

p.s. I will get you the pictures of the Sportseats.

I took the lense off and found the little slip of paper (see attached photos). Can you enlighten me about what the paper shows? After cleaning things a bit, I now am confronted with what to do with the paper -- for 35 years it had sat there undisturbed...and suddenly it is now a precious document that makes the car more "originial" -- should I put it back?
    --SCOTT