Thread: Open House at Pelican Parts with Special Guest Brian Redman

Open House at Pelican Parts with Special Guest Brian Redman

Sale of Recovered Stolen Porsche and BMW Racing Engines to Raise Money for The Vasek and Anna Maria Polak Charitable Foundation’s Cancer Research

The trustees of The Vasek and Anna Maria Polak Charitable Foundation have announced the recovery of several stolen Porsche and BMW racing engines, valued in excess of $1 million.
    An open-house viewing session, with legendary racer Brian Redman as master of ceremonies, will be held on Saturday, March 25th from 2 to 6 p.m. at Pelican Parts, Inc., 120 Standard Street, El Segundo, CA, 90245.

Map of location here

The engines will be sold in a silent auction at a later date, also organized by Pelican Parts, Inc., a web-based Porsche parts retailer.

In 2000, race-prepared engines for classic Porsche 917, 908, 907, and 911 racecars were stolen from locked premises in Los Angeles. The engines were part of Vasek Polak’s collection, and were owned by his Foundation. Investigator Paul Cohen, working in conjunction with Porsche literary author Wayne R. Dempsey, of Pelican Parts, Inc., recently recovered the stolen engines from a warehouse in Los Angeles. Investigations to apprehend persons responsible for the theft are ongoing.

The engines include four new-old-stock (NOS) Porsche 917K race engines, one NOS 3.0L Porsche 908 race engine, one 2.2L Porsche 907 Hillclimb engine (771), and one 3.4L Porsche 911 race engine.

---------------

Brian Redman is a great story-teller. We hope to see a lot of you there!

Opening the crates right after the stolen motors were recovered

The Type 771 2.2L eight cylinder in front of the 908 motor

going the Palos Verdes Peninsula route

Scott,

I'll be attending the Open House on Saturday, then CFoS on Sunday.

Saturday morning I'll be in San Pedro, then having lunch about 11:30 in the Club House at Donald Trump's Golf Course.
    http://www.trumpgolf.com/trumplosang...l/frameset.asp
    I don't golf (I'm too young), but, its a really nice course overlooking the Pacific. He tries to make it a Pebble Beach South

After lunch, I'll be taking the coast route to Pelican. Palos Verdes Drive South to Palos Verdes Drive West, through Portuguese Bend, Malaga Cove, Lunada Bay, to PCH. PCH to Sepulveda, to Pelican. On a nice day, its a great drive.

If anyone wants to join us for lunch or the drive, let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Hey Ray,

I might join'ya bud...

Your sure the golf club restaurant isn't valet parking only..

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

we don't valet...

Chuck,

Come on down, the earlier the better...11 ish??

There is a good sized parking lot to the side of the valet parking. It should be now worries. (I haven't been there that early) I spoke with Lars, he is checking his schedule to try to make it.

I'll be there about 11. If the weather cooperates, the drive will have some great views.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Excellent...Let's go for Trump-Brunch....

Ray...Ok I'll be there at ~11.00Am and I think Chuck Miller,Chris Tallon,Will and some others will be there as well......afterwords we'll "Targa Florio" ourselves up along the coast for El Segundo to check out Pelican and listen to mr Redman....it's gonn'a be a nice day....join us!..../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314