Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel and Crank Output of 2.7 RS spec with the following..

Wheel and Crank Output of 2.7 RS spec with the following..

I have not had my motor dynoed, and it has about 2.5K on it since it was built. I am soliciting guesses (educated, and WAGs from Wags) on its potential output. It has the following:
    • Mahle 2.7 RS pistons
    • Rebuilt MFI with proper spacer by Gus
    • E cams
    • Stock air box with K&N
    • turbo oil pump and case modfied for better scavanging
    • balanced and blueprinted
    • SSIs
    • Dansk Sport single out

It also has the usual non-performance oriented upgrades, i.e. Heat Shields, Upgraded chain tensioners, etc.

Flywheel was not lightened.

What is a reasonable expectation? 215, 217 at the flywheel?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

what comp. ratio?

if unchanged then take a 2.4L E's hp and just add the 0.3 more displ. you have.... i.e. not much more.

What heads are on motor.
    Phil

Guessing power

Hello: I would guess at around 187 HP. The cams you will loose a little and the Turbo oil pump takes some power as well. The heads and compression will be your biggest down fall. Let us all know what you get. Also you can fudge the dyno as well for the corrected values and such. Thanks Eric

2.7 RS Spec. output

We've dynoed two 2.7 RS engines that were completely stock except they were modified for higher compression (about 9:1). They made 217 and 223. The engine dyno we use is a DTS (about $150K set up, not a backyard unit). The E cams should probably give you good low end torque but less overall, maybe in the range of 195-200. Just a guess.

More info - the heads are from a 2.7 S custom converted to MFI. The compression is 9.5 to 1.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

216 HP sounds like the number if it had S cams, probably about 200 HP then with the Es. That sucker has to be torquey as all get out!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by RickS
    More info - the heads are from a 2.7 S custom converted to MFI. The compression is 9.5 to 1.
    These engines vary alot for some reason. I've driven about a dozen 2.7RS spec engine powered early 911s, including real RSs. Out of all of these only 3 cars were really fast on top - two of these cars dyno'd 225 -235 hp.

I think for the variables of E cams but higher compression you will probably see anywhere between 200 and 230 at the flywheel.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

I still wonder what a Motec and Varioram powered 2.8 makes at the crank.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I've heard it's possible to get around 100hp per liter from some of those race motors..
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187